Posted: Nov 18, 2021
E-Commerce Internship Opportunity
OIC Strategic Integration (OIC-SI) was founded by its nonprofit parent company OIC of South Florida (OIC-SFL) in 2019 as a for-profit social enterprise that would bridge its mission of self-sufficiency by creating & managing employment opportunities for OIC-SFL participants
The ideal candidate is a high-energy, self-motivated individual who is well-organized, detail-oriented, analytical, and thrives in a team environment. The ability to take direction and execute with little supervision is essential. In addition, the ideal candidate enjoys challenging work, can manage under tight deadlines for work products as needed, and is a self-starter. A desire to work for a nonprofit supporting the local community is essential. This is an exciting and meaningful role ideal for someone with enthusiasm, dedication, and a real passion for growth. Business Major or other related field or a minimum of 4+ years of dynamic experience in a similar capacity.
Intern Job Responsibilities:
• Responsible for coordinating e-commerce business operations and Amazon business functions; coordinate inventory of donated goods, expedite selling, and tracking of electronic payments
• Attend meetings, generate agendas, reports, slide presentations, and/or other materials as needed and directed
• Analytically review, track and report on all supply chain logistics processes, including receiving, inventory, staging, packaging, and fulfillment
• Efficiently maximize the use of spreadsheets to gather data for planning, tracking, and reporting via visual and/or written reports and through the use of strong written and oral communication skills
• Plan and develop improvement strategies for new and existing inventory
• Monthly dashboard reporting and optimization
• Receiving, picking, preparing, packing, and shipping inventory
• Audit and optimize product listings within the Amazon, eBay, Wayfair, and Walmart platforms.
• Maintain data integrity across e-commerce channels
• Conduct keyword research, analysis, and keyword expansion for clients
• Learn and understand clients’ business and competition
• Update keyword-rich content for product descriptions, titles, and content pages
• Improve customer service, maintain product listings, provide competitive pricing, and create product advertisements
• Monitor and report performance of new products
• Inventory management: maintain and update inventory availability
• Amazon & Other Platform customer service: answer questions from customers on orders, prices, and services
• Ability to meet project deadlines, multitask and manage multiple accounts at the same time
Intern Work Hours:
• $15/hr at 4 hours a day, twice a week
Intern Qualifications / Skills:
• High proficiency in the entire Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of MS Teams is a plus. Solid written and verbal communication skills are a must. Clear and precise communication at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders is essential
• Organizational, scheduling professionalism skills are crucial to success in this position.
• College major in a Business or other related field or a minimum of 4+ years of dynamic experience in a similar capacity.
• Customer focus
• Prior e-commerce experience such as Amazon, eBay, and other platforms are preferred
• Should be skilled at managing products on Amazon, eBay, and other online sales platforms, including planning and creating paid search campaigns
• Have the ability to lift objects of up to 50 lbs