Posted: Sep 27, 2021
The Accountant will be responsible for a wide-range of activities, including preparation of monthly financial statements and a variety of financial analyses and special projects. The Accountant will partner with the CFO to analyze the company's financial results and develop financial projections. The successful candidate will be results driven and highly analytical/detailed, have strong business acumen, and demonstrate the ability to work independently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Process AP Invoices. The role sometimes requires intensive reconciliation between invoices and Purchase orders.
• Maintain the GL daily, monito and balance critical accounts.
• Prepare journal entries, close the books and produce the financials monthly and annually after reconciling all the balance sheet accounts.
• Use spreadsheets to keep track of balance sheet accounts i.e. prepaids, accruals and assets.
• Balance the bank after reconciling the credit card and cash transactions for all the stores daily.
• Monitor the AR account and make sure all accounts are current. Constantly comparing coupons received from stores to the GL and makes sure that all of them are billed back to the vendor.
• Monitor the AP account and make sure that all returns to vendors and credits are processed on a timely manner.
• Cleaning the sales data received from distributors, formatting it and uploading it to Sales Force every month.
• Follow up with insurance company regarding claims and submitting required documents.
• Maintain and renew business tax license, property tax and any other required permits for all the stores the company has
• Responding to all the stores’ emails and inquiries.
• Checking and following up on disputes from the Merchant processer.
• Cost accounting skills are highly desirable.
• File sales tax monthly
• Completes all other duties as assigned
• Advanced excel skills are required. The ability to build macros is highly desirable.
• **Other job-related duties as assigned**
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Advanced Excel skills is a must (will be tested in the interview)
• Sage PFW, Epicor Eagle or similar software experience strongly preferred
• Solid experience in General Accounting and Financial Reporting
• Strong written, verbal communication and collaborative skills.
• Organizational, multi-tasking and planning skills
• Ability to Analyze and reconcile complex accounts and reserves
• Problem solving skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• BA/BS in Accounting or related field preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent required
Centinela Feed & Pet Supplies is a Drug Free workplace
Compensation: $70,000-$80,000 DOE
Click here to apply: https://secure4.entertimeonline.com/ta/6141905.careers?CareersSearch