Posted: Jan 12, 2021
About Lotus Pet Foods
Lotus is a premium canning pet food manufacture who uses top quality meats and vegetable including mostly USDA human grade meats and frozen vegetables. We are a small cannery with big potential and continue to grow every year. We are located in Torrance California.
This will involve set up, adjusting, maintaining, and configuring processing equipment according to assigned specifications, and regular communication with production personnel and supervisors and the completion of required paperwork
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Start, operate and maintain production equipment in a sanitary condition at all times.
• Must do visual inspections of machinery and product during the run to insure defect free work.
• Performs change-overs on equipment as required..
• Performs preventative maintenance on equipment with regards to cleaning and clearing them of debris and materials.
• Assist mechanics in machinery repair or other tasks as/if needed.
• Must insure that all equipment is on and functioning properly prior to starting a run.
• Report any defects to the Manager.
• Monitor the machine while running. Check to see that all cans are properly filled, free from damage and, seams on the can are properly performed.
• Keep work area clean at all times.
• Shut down all equipment at end of shift if line is going down for the day.
• Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for long periods, and continually monitor production equipment. Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, to push or pull with a dolly or pallet jack up, and operate hydraulic lift equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required and must be worn for some of the processes. Floor are generally wet but free of soils. Non-slip boots are required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but certain areas require hearing protection.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High School/General Education Diploma required.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Pass a background, drug test and physical exam.
• Although this is generally a day shift position, person must be willing and ability and willingness to work a flexible time schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
• Must have dependable transportation to report to work on time.
• Must have food processing experience as well as general knowledge of GMP rules.
• Must have experience in a production environment
• Canning experience a plus
Compensation: $54,080 annual with bonus potential
To apply: https://secure4.entertimeonline.com/ta/6141905.careers?CareersSearch
Lotus Pet Foods is a Drug Free Workplace