Posted: Sep 24, 2019
Star One Staffing, Inc. is seeking Banquet Server with little to no experience - willing to train the right candidate. We staff many local hotels in the area. We have flexible scheduling for student or person looking for great part-time hours.
The ideal candidate can lift up to 50 pounds & carry trays on their shoulders.
This position also requires standing/walking for a long period of time and any other job duties that are assigned.
Most of the hotels are on a bus line or in the Madison metro area.
1) Interact with customers in a helpful and professional manner
2) Set tables, serve food and assist customers with their dining needs in a banquet setting
3) Perform other duties as directed by banquet managers and staff
4) Ability to carry a tray over your shoulder.*
5) Locations and times will vary.
6) Flexible hours available.
*Star One Staffing will provide light training for certain banquet functions
• Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
• Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
• Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining.
• Escort customers to their tables.
• Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
• Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
• Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
• Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
• Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
• Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, take them to kitchen for cleaning.
• Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
• Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
• Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
• Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
$12 / hour
Star One Staffing of Madison, LLC is a staffing agency that works in the greater Madison area for the health care, hospitality, light industrial and clerical industries.