Posted: Sep 20, 2019
We are Star One Staffing of Madison, Inc. recruiting powder coaters for one of our Oregon area clients. Duties would be for a Line Inspector/Production/Packaging worker for the first OR second shift. This is a temp-to-hire, M-F position.
Proactively handles parts throughout the coating process as specified by job packets in the most efficient and accurate manner while achieving the desired quality and quantity of work.Duties and
1. Use job packets to establish job routine and equipment set up.
2. Hangs parts online per job packet instructions.
3. Inspect and package parts for shipment to the customer per customer specifications.
4. Properly count and label parts that have been coated.
5. Wrap and/or band completed parts for shipment to customers.
6. Complete all necessary areas on the run specification ticket and notify supervisor of any discrepancies.
7. Complete and record basic quality control testing -- MEK, Mil Thickness, Etc.
8. Build or alter racking systems appropriately for hanging parts as required.
9. Maintain a clean and organized work area.
10. Organize packing supplies and notify Supervisor of supplies needed.
11. Build appropriate racking and pre-hang small parts as required.
12. Read blueprint and job packets to determine accurate masking requirements.
13. Mask and unmask parts per customer requirements.
14. Keep hooks and hanging racks neat, organized, and prepare for burn-off.
15. Visually inspect for proper coating and notify Supervisor of any discrepancies.
16. Track and fix any rework parts as needed.
17. Continually communicate with all areas of production to enhance teamwork effort.
18. Take the initiative to help other production areas as needed.
19. Work with Supervisor and Lead to routinely maintain process equipment -- wash tanks, ovens, etc.
20. Other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor or other management personnel.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education:
High school education or equivalent.
Experience in a fast pace/factory setting.
Ability to read and understand basic blueprints is preferred.
Ability to work as a team member.
First shift hours are 6:30 AM - 3 PM M-F, and the second shift is four 10 hour days at 3 PM- 1:30 AM M-Th.
$13- $14 Full Time