Posted: Sep 20, 2019
Firm Manager (temp to hire)
Star One Staffing of Madison, Inc. is a staffing agency that is recruiting a Firm Manager for a law/accounting firm based in downtown Madison.
The main function of this job is finance: organize and maintain accurate records for all accounting systems; reconcile monthly bank statements; process accounts payable and accounts receivable; assist in preparation of income, payroll and tax returns; supervise time and billing system; assist with collection of overdue accounts; prepare financial statements, budgets and projections based on analyzation of revenues and expenses; evaluate insurance with cost comparisons of property and workers’ insurances.
Secondary essential functions include: development and control office procedures, purchasing and leasing of equipment and working with vendors; maintain office facilities; monitor incoming and outgoing mail and electronic communication; schedule meetings and prepare agendas; assist with staff recruitment and supervision of support staff; public relations including news releases and public image.
• Thorough knowledge of administration, finance, data processing, and human resource management as normally acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, human resource management or the equivalent experience.
Must have knowledge of trust fund operation
• Organization and planning ability for self and subordinates
• Attention to detail
• Interpersonal relationships
• Effective and clear communication skills
• Ability to make timely decisions
• Initiative and willingness to seek greater responsibility
• Cost sensitivity to control and reduce expenses
• Effective delegation of tasks
• Basic knowledge of law firm operations
• Ideal candidate will have experience in TABS 3 software
Hours: 8 AM-5 PM Monday through Friday
Compensation $25 - $28 per hour based on experience, leading to a salaried position of $60,000 annually after 3 months with attractive benefits.