Posted: Sep 06, 2019
The Preschool Teacher is responsible for providing for the physical, psychological and intellectual development of the children in the classroom. This position is Full-Time and reports to the Program Director.
- Oversee the welfare, health and safety of the children in the group;
- Responsible for insuring that all adults carry out Center policies regarding the safety and well-being of children;
- Supervise and train the aides in the room as well as volunteers, student teachers, interns etc.;
- Work with teaching team to plan age appropriate daily activities, classroom routines and classroom design;
- Conducts daily activities and prepares and selects appropriate materials, and helps to foster and facilitate play between children;
- Provide for the emotional, intellectual and nutritional needs of the children. If assistance is needed, the Teacher will refer child to the Program Director and assist in the referral process;
- Communicates daily with parents about children's activities, and enforces Center policies when necessary; Makes frequent informal observations of children's progress and shares them with teaching team. Prepares written progress reports on each child every six months; Infant groups every 3 months;
- Works individually and as a team to bring about a positive learning and work environment;
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Must possess the qualifications required for their positions in accordance with EEC regulations;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Child Growth and Development or related field is preferred;
- Minimum 1 year experience teaching in a day care setting preferred;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written;
- Strong interpersonal skills; and
- Completed CORI, SORI and fingerprint scan in accordance with regulations set forth by the Department of Early Education and Care.