Posted: Sep 06, 2019
As an employee, you will serve as an integral member of our accounting and finance team and will work closely with HR.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Ensure all payroll accounting entries are completed accurately and timely by analyzing bi-weekly payroll outputs, troubleshooting discrepancies, and uploading the files into the general ledger system. Resolves any problems with data upload.
• Reviews all labor distribution for accuracy, generate payroll reports for grant accountant and generate reclassifications/adjustments as needed.
• Payroll Processing -- Backs up the Payroll Administrator in their absence and assist with processing when required.
• Answers questions regarding payroll checks/deposits, benefit payments, and other payroll related matters.
• Assist in resolving payroll system problems.
• Work on special projects for the Payroll Administrator and Finance Director.
• Responsible for the preparation of monthly payroll accruals and posting to the General Ledger.
• Responsible for reconciliation of payroll-related liability accounts.
Qualifications of Payroll Accountant:
• REQUIRED: 3+ years’ experience in payroll
• REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
• Required: Knowledge of General Ledger Accounting
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Excellent eye for detail
• Strong computer and technical skills
• Experience with Paycom helpful
• Be able to work independently