Posted: Aug 09, 2019
Valley based workers' compensation applicant firm is currently seeking an experienced legal secretary to join its practice. Should have at least 1-2 years of experience in workers compensation applicant or defense, however we are willing to train the right person. Candidate should have the ability to handle cases from inception to completion, opening files, EAMS filings (Electronic Adjudication Management System), transcription (Big Hand a plus), filing DORs, setting treating doctor appointments, AME/PQME appointments and UR procedures. The position requires someone who is proactive, focused, flexible and able to multi-task. Must be able to type up to 60 WPM. Must be dependable and be on time.
Filing and serving Workers’ Compensation documents
• Prepare Medical Record Addendums for Doctors Letters
• EAMS Compliant
• Formatting, editing letters and documents
• Familiar in Workers Comp legal terminology
• Copy records for evaluations
• Schedule med-legal evaluations - AME / PQME / PTP
• Must be proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook and general office equipment
• Excellent grammar and communication skills
• Must have a strong work ethic and have a professional and positive attitude.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• Dependable, work independently under minimal supervision with strong attention to detail
• Must be reliable, punctual and have reliable transportation
• Must have good communication skills and pay attention to detail
• Must be organized, hardworking and a team player
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer vacation, /sick pay and great medical benefits.
Please note that we are located in the San Fernando Valley.
Please email your resume in a WORD or PDF format only to the attention of Danielle by email at or via fax 818-654-2935