Posted: Aug 08, 2019
The Art Anderson team is excited to bring on a talented Mechanical Engineer ready to join our fast-paced work environment. This position comes with immense opportunity for professional growth, a diverse exposure to engineering projects, and a fantastic working culture. We are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do, ready to take on challenges head first, and become a long tenured employee.
Functions: The mechanical engineer will usually carry out design efforts as a team member with senior engineers, architects and designers; or may be responsible for the independent execution of engineering design problems. They will perform assigned design problems in accordance with accepted engineering standards. Assignments include mechanical engineering related to floating, waterfront, and land-based facilities and site development projects. Needs the ability to perform calculations, prepare drawings, reports, trade studies, and other technical documentation as assigned in accordance with accepted standards of care. Responsibilities include:
• Serve as mechanical engineer on teams and carry out mechanical design effort
• Serve as project engineer on assigned projects
• Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical adequacy of assigned projects
• Responsible for labor-hour estimates for mechanical design work
• Meets customers at the peer level while representing AAA in a professional manner, for the specific purpose of producing customer loyalty
Requirements: The candidate must possess an appropriate engineering degree from an accredited university and has passed the EIT and/or PE exam. They should be competent in all core and software skills indicated below:
• Mechanical/Machine Design
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Piping Design
• Standards of Design
o Piping Design
o HVAC Spreadsheet
o MCAD-Based Programs
o Microsoft Office Suite
o Energy Budget and Simulation Software
o Familiarity with AutoDesk Civil 3D software; MS Project experience.
• Knowledge of A/E/C Industry Codes is a plus
• This position may require military base access for project site visits, therefore US Citizenship is required
The candidate must show willingness to work additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, & projects; and should have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, work on a computer for long periods of time, work in an office environment, and carry out routine field work while being flexible and adaptable to facing new challenges. Other qualities we value are consistency of attendance, being courteous and professional in dealing with others, and being able to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers.
Art Anderson Associates is a 60-year-old family owned company located in Bremerton. We enjoy not only all the beauty and amenities that Bremerton has to offer, we are centrally located between the nightlife of downtown Seattle and the natural wonders of the Olympic Peninsula. We thrive due to our talented staff, excellent past performance, and our ability to bring value to our clients. As a multidisciplinary engineering firm, we take on projects from ship design to border patrol stations, and everything between. As an engineer at Art Anderson you will work on a wide variety of projects, with many different clients, and have an ability to grow professionally.
To apply for this position, you must follow the instructions below:
Instructions for Preparing & Submitting a Resume:
Send us a single document containing:
• The full title of the position for which you are applying,
• The place you saw the advertisement for the position,
• At least three professional references with current email addresses and phone numbers,
• Your detailed resume data addressing each of the requirements listed above. Be sure to detail your experience.
• Make sure your full contact information is included in the document.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send multiple documents, or additional info in the email. Only the information contained in your Resume document will enter into the review process.
Art Anderson Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer