Posted: Jul 31, 2019
- Maintain and repair vehicles, such as cars, light duty trucks, SUVs, vans.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problem areas of vehicles including, but not limited to: engine, transmission (manual and automatic), clutches, differentials, starter/alternators, brake systems, electrical systems, fuel systems, suspension components, cooling systems, air conditioning, fan clutches, engine electronics, exhaust systems, power steering systems, and steering gear box (manual and power).
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Maintain records of servicing and repairs.
- Following all stipulated industry safety regulations and standards of working.
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise vehicles using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure they are in proper operating condition.
- Ensure proper handling of all testing and repair tools, including but not limited to: screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Maintain work area appearance and safety.
- Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Five years practical experience with cars, light duty trucks, SUVs, vans.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Vocation/Technician or certification preferred.
- Specialized training and experience in the diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engine, transmissions, differentials), OEM training courses, ASE Certification preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Ability to detect technical malfunctions in the vehicles and machines.
- Break down components and build it again correctly.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer service about vehicle problems and options to fix those problems.
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in the use of all tools of trade (including welding, equipment, diagnostic equipment, hand and power tools) required.
- Good hand-eye coordination
Salary: $18.00 to $23.00 /hour, based on experience