Posted: Aug 16, 2019
We are seeking motivated, customer friendly individuals that have a great knowledge of alterations and tailoring men’s garments. As a Head Tailor, you must have a passion for providing world-class service to our customers by ensuring a fit that the customer feels good about through marking, altering, and pressing of garments. Our Tailors also assist in the selling process by greeting, interacting, and handling any special requests our customers may have.
It is our goal to provide an engaging workplace focused on teamwork, growth, and respect. Come experience our extraordinary culture built upon teamwork, respect for one another, and trustworthiness—we keep an open mind and heart. It’s a really easy and laid back place to work, we just demand top tier professionals and world-class quality.
This position has the potential to become permanent. Take the first step towards your new career opportunity today!
• Ensuring the proper fit of garments
• Answering customer questions
• Marking & Pinning garments for Tailoring
• Pressing garments
• Maintaining an open dialogue with Management
• Helping other team members
• Making sure that customers are properly sized
• Offering new wardrobe ensemble suggestions
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Professional appearance and manner
• Formal training for tailoring preferred, but not required
• Prior experience as a tailor for menswear highly preferred
• Good technical skill required
• Sound knowledge of different sewing equipment
• Good communication skills (English doesn’t have to be your first language)
• Team player and enthusiastic
• An expectation of proficiency in all basic and advanced alterations of men’s tailored clothing
• Shorten a sleeve from the shoulder for suiting
• Taper sides of garments
• Lower collars
• Take in/out trouser waist
• Shorten/lengthen trousers
• Taper trouser thighs and foot widths
• Ensure proper sizing of clients
This position has the potential to become permanent.