Posted: Aug 28, 2019
Structure for Success has partnered with a Civil Engineering Firm located in Peoria who is looking to expand their team.
We are looking for a Project Engineer who can assist with the development and planning of Civil Engineering projects.
The successful candidate will serve as a technical specialist, staff advisor, and design engineer for a variety of projects focused on utility and / or pipeline layout and design projects.
Responsibilities will include:
• Producing construction plans from start to finish for utility and/or pipeline projects
• Applying intensive and diversified knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices in broad areas
• Serves as a technical specialist, staff advisor and design engineer for a variety of projects
• Review customer source control drawings, specification control drawings and other applicable specifications to determine requirements and/or feasibility of the component.
• Prepare preliminary design proposal(s).
• Perform liaison function between engineering staff, vendors, and clients for any related issues, problems or improvements within the project.
• Work with the quality department to define problem areas and implement product improvements based on customer repair/rejection concerns.
• Participate in engineering and general design review as required.
• Prepare technical data
• Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems and progress as related to work assignments.
• Markets the firm’s capabilities within the community to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients.
• Performs other assigned related duties as requested.
Required Skills / Education
• Expertise in AutoCAD, Civil3D, ArcGIS, and other software packages associated with civil engineering design and analysis
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering
• Registration as a Professional Engineer or the ability to obtain licensure within one year of hire
• Minimum 3-5 years previous design experience.
If you are a detail-oriented professional with project management engineering experience, we encourage you to apply for this position.