Posted: Jul 17, 2019
Location: New York, NY
Job Position: Controller, NYC Real Estate Developer
HAP Investments is a real estate investment group focused on the development of mid-sized residential and commercial properties. The HAP team brings together a unique group of entrepreneurs and businessmen with broad experience in the global real estate markets, property development, real estate finance and law. HAP works with private investors to create profitable investment vehicles that have a steady, long term approach.
HAP Investments is currently looking for an in-house controller for its New York City office. The Controller will be responsible for all the finance functions of the firm’s portfolio and operations including overseeing property-level and venture-level bookkeeping, budgeting, reporting, auditing and tax preparation as well as various finance functions.
The Controller will report directly to the company’s CEO.
▪ Review all daily transaction processes, including accounts payable, GL entries and cash disbursements for the Company’s operating assets.
▪ Prepare account analysis and reconciliations, including related accrual and general journal entries, for each operating asset on a monthly basis.
▪ Review and approve monthly bank reconciliations.
▪ Prepare monthly intercompany account reconciliations to ensure accounts are in balance and settled timely.
▪ Prepare closing entries for new property acquisitions.
▪ Prepare closing financial package for each asset, including variance analyses and supporting schedules.
▪ Manage and oversee internal accounting team.
Budgeting and Reporting
▪ Prepare and/or oversee preparation of budgets.
▪ Prepare and/or oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports due to joint venture partners, investors, and lenders.
▪ Maintain asset management models.
▪ Liaise with general contractors at development projects regarding job costing, progress, and budget comparison.
▪ Manage budgeting and reporting distribution process to joint venture partners, investors, and lenders.
Audit and Tax Preparation
▪ Oversee and coordinate audit process with auditors, accountants and bookkeepers.
▪ Oversee and coordinate tax preparation process with tax preparers, upper management, and investors.
▪ Oversee preparation and submission of real estate tax filings.
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
▪ Minimum of 8+ years of relevant accounting or project accounting experience
▪ Real estate development accounting and construction accounting experience preferred
▪ CPA preferred
▪ Proficient in Microsoft Excel; Yardi software experience is a plus
▪ Ability to multi-task, prioritize deadlines and work in a high energy team-oriented environment
▪ Ability to prepare, review and analyze financial statements
▪ Strong verbal, interpersonal and communication skills
▪ Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
This is a full-time position offering a full comprehensive benefits package.
HAP Investments LLC is an EOE.
If interested, please attach your resume/cover letter demonstrating relevant experience. For more information, please visit http://www.hap-ny.com/