Posted: Aug 02, 2019
Alaant is in search of an experienced Tax Manager in the Austin, TX area for our client a global company set on hyper-growth. In this role, you will be a key member of the global tax function, responsible for North and South American and Canadian tax affairs with the support of the Group Head of Tax.
As the Americas Tax Manager, you will oversee corporate and indirect tax compliance, liaise with external advisors while reviewing opportunities to bring compliance activities in-house and with all company departments, including shared service finance function. In addition, you will be the first point of contact for all North and South American and Canadian tax queries.
Candidate’s must be able to identify tax-related risks and opportunities in all tax disciplines, analyze options and make decisions, with a heavy emphasis on US corporate income tax and US sales and use tax. As the business is undergoing rapid expansion, you’ll face challenges that require your insight and analysis to keep the company compliant and optimize compliance across the group. You must be a self-starter who has an attention to detail and a passion for quality, timely delivery.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other business discipline, or equivalent experience.
• MST and/or CPA a plus.
• 8+ years’ experience in US Corporate Income Tax, US Sales and Use Tax, withholding and international taxes, preferably as an in-house tax counsel or within a big four or similar environment.
• Good understanding of US Corporate Income Taxes, US Sales and Use taxes and other taxes, including withholding taxes, etc.
• Strong understanding of the various IT systems used for tax compliance and analysis; Vertex and NetSuite experience a plus.
• Experience in organizing, planning and executing cross-functional projects.
• Understanding of US GAAP (tax) accounting principles.
• Able to develop a vision and execute accordingly, taking into account the risks and benefits of available options.
• A strategic mindset, while having the ability to translate strategy into actionable objectives (short, medium and long-term).
• Able to cope with a dynamic and changing environment.
To apply directly to this position, please visit the following job link:
For more details on this role contact:
Amy Alvarez, Director, Talent Acquisition, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518.689.0706
Alaant Workforce Solutions (formerly Linium Recruiting) wants all interested applicants to know they are seeking a diverse workforce and are actively recruiting candidates in accordance with diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity policies.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Glassdoor.
Aligning businesses with the best employees so our community continues to thrive.