Posted: Jun 18, 2019
JOB DESCRIPTION: HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
DATE: June 18, 2019
EMPLPOYEE TYPE / CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Human Resources Officer
DEPARTMENT / LOCATION: Human Resources / Corporate
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for providing day-to-day administrative support to facilitate a wide range of HR activities, including staffing and recruitment, benefits administration, employee relations, and back up for payroll processing.
• Deliver core HR functions and services to Centinela Feed employees by effectively executing HR and payroll processes.
• Provide departmental support by responding to internal and external customer inquiries.
• Create and maintain departmental files including personnel, medical, staffing, and other files; ensure filing is kept up to date.
• Compile and record employee status changes, time and payroll data. Serve as a payroll back up and assist with processing other payroll related inquiries.
• Track and distribute candidate applications and resumes to hiring managers; schedule interviews.
• Initiate and monitor background checks and drug screens.
• Prepare employee new hire and separation notices/packages and related documentation.
• Conduct new hire orientation for corporate employees.
• Serve as the benefits administrator for year-round enrollments and cancellations.
• File work injury claims with the workers’ compensation insurance carrier
• Administer leaves of absence FMLA/CFRA/PDL/ADA leave of absences and medical accommodations
• Prepare reports, correspondence, employee communications.
• Review and advise management regarding disciplinary notices.
• Provide continuous improvement support of HR and payroll processes.
• Other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Minimum 2 years administrative experience in Human Resources; with payroll background preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, and/or equivalent experience.
• Kronos Workforce Ready or other similar HR/payroll systems experience strongly preferred.
• Ability to interact with all employee levels and build positive/effective partnerships in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Outstanding written, verbal communication and collaborative skills.
• Ability to work independently with demonstrated evidence of reliability, detail-orientation, multi-tasking, problem solving skills, and meeting deadlines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products.
• Flexibility to work overtime when needed.
• Bilingual preferred
Compensation: $18.00 - $23.00 an hour DOE
Centinela Feed & Pet Supplies is a drug free workplace.
To apply please click on the link below or copy it into your browser, and it will take you to our Kronos page.