Posted: May 14, 2019
Dakota Electric Association is a non-profit electric distribution cooperative serving over 100,000 member-owners in the Dakota County area. Our employees are focused on making a difference in the service we provide our member-owners. Our Engineering group is growing and changing and as a result, we are seeking an Electrical Engineer with the perfect skill sets to join our current team. Join our company and be a part of the cooperative experience!!
Our team of Engineers are focused on maintaining and improving the safety, reliability and overall economics of the electrical distribution system. This is done through the development of various engineering studies, material specifications, construction standards, and technical standards. This position has responsibility for design, development, implementation and analysis of changes to the distribution system. This team makes decisions that have a direct impact on the safety of the employees and the public, the reliability of the electrical system and on the material and scope of the $14,000,000 annual construction budget
• Exploration and investigation of new technologies which may impact Dakota Electric’s distribution system.
• Working with the system models and with the field crews identifies and works to correct problems with the distribution system.
• Designs and initiates change to resolve these distribution system issues.
• Prioritizes, plans and organizes various significant projects.
• Interacts with many areas within Dakota Electric to complete interdepartmental projects. Interfaces directly with the public and members to resolve technical questions and meet their electrical needs.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited curriculum (or recognized equivalency).
• FE is required, but PE is preferred.
• Education and experience will determine the engineer grade level.
DEA is an E-Verify Employer
We are proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Dakota Electric strives to make www.dakotaelectric.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance with completing the application process, please call 651-463-6183, toll free at 800-874-3409 ex. 183, or Minnesota Relay Service – Dial 711.