Posted: Apr 02, 2019
A manufacturing company is offering an immediate, first shift position for a Metallurgical Inspector.
• Prepare samples for metallurgical inspection
• Perform micro hardness checks and other metallurgical evaluation on samples as stated in specifications
• Evaluate incoming material against material specifications
• Perform receiving inspection on material from vendors and approve or reject
• Approve in-process and finished products by confirming specifications, conducting tests, and discussing adjustments with supervisor
• Document inspection results
• Keep measurement equipment operating by following routine maintenance
• Maintain safe, clean, and healthy work environments
• Perform other duties as directed
• High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree in Metallurgy or Material Science is preferred
• Must have 2+ years’ experience in metallurgical testing including sample preparation
• Must have a good understanding of metallurgical properties of steel and heat treatment process
• Must have the ability to operate general and precision inspection equipment
• Must have basic math skills including fractions and decimals
• Must be able to read and understand blueprints
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills is required
• Must be able to pay strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and multi-task
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For immediate consideration, please call 216-227-3135 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.