Posted: Apr 19, 2019
Our mission is to provide the best compassionate care to homebound patients, assists them and their families in adapting to changing needs brought about by illness and help patients regain optimum level of functioning at home and in the community with the aid of resources available to them.
Provides services to clients in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, Agency policy, and accepted professional standards of practice.
The Registered Nurse provides nursing services utilizing a comprehensive base of nursing theory and nursing process, and communicates/documents observations and assessments.
• Provide admission, case management, and follow-up skilled nursing visits for home health patients.
• Administer on-going care and case management for each patient, provide necessary follow-up as directed by the Clinical Manager.
• Confer with physician in developing the initial plan of treatment based on physician's orders and initial patient assessment.
• Render hands-on care, management and evaluation of the care plan and teaching of the patient in accordance with physician orders, under Clinical Manager's supervision.
• Revise plan in consultation with physician based on ongoing assessments and as required.
• Coordinate appropriate care, encompassing various healthcare personnel (such as Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, MSW, Home Health Aides and external providers).
• Report patient care/condition/progress to patient's physician and Clinical Manager on a continuous basis.
• Implement patient care plan in conjunction with patient and family to assist them in achieving optimal resolution of needs/problems.
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
• Current licensure in Illinois and CPR certification.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree, with one (1) year of home health care experience preferred.
• Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
• Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
• Must be BILINGUAL, fluent in SPANISH.
• Must have the ability to use computers and related technology efficiently.
Immediate need for Aurora, IL
We are also expanding in the following areas: Addison, Carol Stream, Carpentersville, Elmhurst, Elgin, Hannover Park, Joliet, Naperville, North Chicago, Plainfield, Plano, Schaumburg, Streamwood, Waukegan & Zion.
Job Type: Full-time and PRN positions available.
Registered Nurse: 1 year, Home Health experience preferred.
Pay Rate: $50 - $60 per visit
* Flexible Hours
* For FULL TIME: Benefit package - Health & Dental
* Vision Plan available (voluntary)
* 401K retirement plan available, no match