Posted: May 07, 2019
• Respond to all Maintenance calls in Production as a top priority.
• Maintain all equipment to the highest possible standards and minimize downtime
• Help to develop and perform scheduled PM’s of machines throughout the Production areas.
• Assist Production employees during machine changeovers when needed.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment with consideration of all those who may be working in the same area – communicate all maintenance activities
• Perform equipment shutdown, startup and lock out tag out as required
• Document routine scheduled PM’s
• Assist the Plant Manager and Production Manager scheduling, implementing, and revising PM routines.
• Inform the Management of any Maintenance and Repair supplies needed.
• Maintain all chemicals, lubricants and cleaning solutions on an inventory master list and insure only approved materials are brought into the plant
• Assist with Capital improvement projects as needed.
• Enter Maintenance Data into the Maintenance program.
• Perform any required Fabrication Duties needed, this includes welding, torch cutting, grinding, layout and assembly work
• Assist Plant Manager with Shop inventory control, this includes min/max on various components, bench stock items, spares - (belts, bearings, motors, pumps etc.…)
• Assist with continual updating of PM program to the equipment’s specific needs.
• Maintain an equipment library for all production machinery, forklifts and support equipment
• Establish a master parts list for each machine with known part numbers and primary and alternate vendors and lead times
• Perform work area inspections and identify problems and implement solutions.
• Observe all safety policies and procedures to include Confined Space Entry, Lock Out Tag Out, Hazard Recognition and Control, Hazard Communications (MSDS and the Right to Know Program), Fire Prevention, Hot Work Permitting, OSHA Inspection Plan and our Emergency Action Plan
• Perform Sanitation at the completion of work on all machinery and food contact surfaces
• Fabrication and Modification of new and existing equipment.
• Responsible for 24 hr. emergency Maintenance service as needed.
• Carry pager/cell phone as required for on-call Maintenance services.
• Operate Maintain, Troubleshoot and Repair HVAC systems to the highest possible standards.
• Operate, Maintain, Troubleshoot and Repair Boiler system and Water Treatment
• Operate, Maintain, Troubleshoot and Repair Air Scrubber System
• Operate, Maintain, Troubleshoot and Repair the Compressed Air System
• Water Treatment
• Operate, Maintain, Troubleshoot and Repair all Production and Production Support Equipment to include the Emulsifier, Grinders, Liquefiers, Mixers, Mega-Mixer, Fill/Depositor Machine, Seamer, Sausage Lines, Pre-cooker, Shredder, De-Palletizer, Retort Loader, Retort, Retort Un-loader, Labeler Machine and the Tray Packing Machine
• Operate, Maintain, Troubleshoot and Repair the Facilities to include Refrigerators, Freezers, Restrooms, Office Areas, Production Areas and Warehouse (Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, Roofing, Walls and Flooring)
• Operate and utilize inspection equipment to include Vernier Calipers, Micrometers, Machinists Scale, Retractable Tape Measures, Scales, Height Gages and Multi-Meters
• Operate and utilize Hand Tools, Pneumatic Power Tools, Welding Equipment (MIG/TIG), Electric Tools and Cutting Tools
• This position will ensure that the equipment in all Production areas are running to the highest mechanical level possible to provide the best work environment for the Production Staff to ensure efficiency and optimize capacity.
• The success of this position relies highly on a close working relationship with the Production Staff.
• All managers may submit specific requests for immediate repair service but all work outside of the usual scope should be approved by the Plant Manager.
• Must have your own tools
• Must be able to read, write and speak English plus basic math skills
• Prior work experience in a Food or Pet Food Processing Facility.
• Excellent interpersonal skills – team player
• Hard worker who is a self-starter and proactive and flexible with shifts and work days
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to lift to 75 lbs. several times a day
• Time management assertiveness to adjust to specific duties
• Exposure and ability to operate in food production environments – previous food maintenance experience a plus
• Must have excellent working knowledge and the ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and maintain of all mechanical systems to include cam rollers and followers, bearings, bushings, rollers, guides, conveyor systems, belts, mechanical power transmission, electro-mechanical systems and gear systems
• A general knowledge and understanding of Compressed Air systems and components.
• Understand the process of Lubricating bearings, pumps and other mechanical motion and Power Transmission components.
• A practical “hands on” experience of High-Pressure Steam Systems, Boiler Operations and the components associated with them.
• A general knowledge of the operation of Robotic Automation.
• Expert Welding practices and Techniques to include Stainless Steel Welding.
• Operate Pallet Jack, Aerial Lifts, and Fork Lifts
• Operate a personal computer and peripherals.
• A complete understanding of the operation of Hand Tools and Electrical/Pneumatic Power Tools.
• Ability to write detailed repair reports as well as excellent verbal communications.
• Capable of using Refrigerant inspection and testing equipment.
• Must have solid working knowledge and “hands on” experience of facilities and equipment electrical troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair
• Operate, troubleshoot and diagnose Programmable Logic Controllers
• 3 -5 Years of Maintenance Technician experience within a fast-paced production environment.
• Knowledge of advanced electrical components and their function.
• Previous mechanical/electrical training or certification is a plus
• Institutional, Cannery, or Industrial Maintenance background preferred.
• Certificate in General HVAC and Boiler operations preferred.
• Forklift Certification
• High School Diploma or G.E.D is required
• Post-secondary education and/or a technical trade certificate are an asset.
Lotus Pet Foods is a Drug Free Workplace.
Compensation: $24.00 to $26.00 an hour
To apply please click on the link below or copy it into your browser, and it will take you to our Kronos page.