Posted: Feb 15, 2019
Alaant Workforce Solutions (formerly Linium Recruiting) is now hiring for a Project Manager for a full-time contract opportunity with New York State (NYS). The Project Manager will work directly with ITS and business partner senior executive and other staff in the implementation of multi-faceted, high visibility projects. This opportunity offers holidays and paid time off (PTO) accruals and access to a full suite of benefit options.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following
Defining and managing project scope, schedule and budget for IT projects. Facilitating successful completion of IT projects by working across project team boundaries in a matrix environment to secure resources, resolve issues and set project timeline and milestones. Identifying project risks and dependencies and providing mitigation strategies to ensure project success. Communicating project status to team members as well as management, including project status presentations to executives within the ITS Public Safety Cluster as well as with Public Safety Business Partners.
• The candidate must have a Bachelor level or higher degree and a Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification.
• The candidate must have a minimum of 84 months experience in Project Management of complex, cross-functional, multi-organizational, multi-year information technology projects with a variety of key project stakeholders with a focus on application development, vendor software (COTS) implementation and/or technology infrastructure projects.
• The candidate must have a minimum of 84 months experience implementing projects utilizing industry standard project management and software development life cycle methodologies with a focus on iterative project planning tracked via a Project Plan, identification of project risks and implementation of risk mitigation strategies.
• The candidate must have a minimum of 48 months experience managing projects in a state or federal government environment, related to criminal justice processing and improvements in criminal history record information systems, including but not limited, to public safety agencies, the court system, and federal law enforcement agencies.
• The candidate must have a minimum of 24 months of experience managing project teams developing using JDK 1.5 or above and which utilize business analysts and testers experienced with Requisite Pro, HP Quality Center and/or Quick Test.
To apply directly to this position, please visit the following job link:
For more details on this role contact:
Sha-Netta Willis, Resource Manager @ 518-689-3159
Alaant Workforce Solutions (formerly Linium Recruiting) wants all interested applicants to know they are seeking a diverse workforce and are actively recruiting candidates in accordance with diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity policies.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Glassdoor.
Aligning businesses with the best employees so our community continues to thrive.