Posted: Nov 30, 2018
Counselor Position Description
A Lighthouse licensed counselor provides clinical services to children, youth and families as part of a clinical treatment team.
• Provide direct clinical services in accordance with Lighthouse policies and procedures, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists, and ACA.
• Create and maintain all necessary notes, records, and documents in accordance with Lighthouse policies and procedures.
• Attend clinical team meetings and regular supervision sessions
Program/Other Clinical Responsibilities:
• Assist in triage of incoming cases
• Determine suitability of cases for Lighthouse services in collaboration with Clinical Director
• Comply with established agency practices
• Participate in quarterly audit of files for quality assurance and best practice standards, in collaboration with Clinical Director
• Coordinate and implement outcome measures for all clinical programs, under supervision of Clinical Director
• Maintain license and credentials
• Participate in ongoing training as required for licensure and professional development
• Encourage and promote self-care and mutual support of staff
• Practice the standards of service delivery in keeping with the highest ethical standards of clinical practice and adherence to HIPAA requirements
• Track current research and trends in counseling, including evidence-based practice
• Coordinate client care with partnering psychiatrist(s) and other service providers
• Maintain relationships with counseling graduate interns in service at Lighthouse, fostering excellence, HIPAA compliance, and ethical practices and conduct in the counseling profession.
• Have a minimum of 2 years of counseling experience, preferably with families and children
• Have a master's or doctoral degree in a professional counseling field from an accredited educational institution
• Have a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor certificate (LCPC) or a Licensed Clinical Social Work (Clinical) certificate (LCSW-C)
• Hold a valid license to practice professional counseling issued by the State of Maryland
• Hold medical insurance provider certification or be eligible to do so.
• Pass a background check that includes criminal, driving record, and credit record. Good standing on all is a condition of employment
Part-time (20 hours or less per week) and full-time (35 hours per week) positions available. Starting salary is $25 per hour. Eventual option of per client session percentage remuneration, once impaneled, in lieu of hourly wage. Benefits include 10 holidays, personal, sick, and annual leave.