Posted: Nov 30, 2018
About the Organization:
MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership (MENTOR) is the unifying champion for expanding quality youth mentoring relationships in the United States. For more than 25 years, MENTOR has served the mentoring field by providing a public voice; developing and delivering resources to mentoring programs nationwide; and promoting quality for mentoring through evidence-based standards, innovative research and essential tools. MENTOR has developed and supports a national network of local affiliates that provide regional, state and local leadership and infrastructure necessary to support the expansion of quality mentoring relationships. Together, we engage with the private, public and nonprofit sectors to ensure that all youth have the support they need through mentoring relationships to succeed at home, school and, ultimately, work.
Commitment to Diversity:
MENTOR is committed to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion for all. We embrace our differences and celebrate our common humanity in advancing awareness of the need for and transformative power of supportive relationships for our young people. We believe that varied perspectives, experiences, and opinions are central assets in our mission to close the mentoring gap. As we seek to build the most complementary team when it comes to skill, perspective, and experience, we strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented communities to apply.
About the Position:
MENTOR seeks a strategic, hands-on professional to serve as its Product Design Manager in Boston, MA. Reporting to the Director of Training Development & Product Design, the Product Design Manager will support innovative approaches to youth mentoring such as critical mentoring, school-based mentoring, and mentoring special populations, by synthesizing research and best practices into functional products such as implementation guides, toolkits, webinars, and online trainings. The Manager will ensure consistency in product development processes across the organization by developing and maintaining process documents and protocols for conducting product needs assessments while gathering feedback from stakeholders and subject matter experts to enhance the development of products. The ideal candidate will be a strong critical thinker with extensive writing and research experience; and have a proven track record of working collaboratively with large and diverse sets of stakeholders to meet a common goal.
• Develop and write products for the youth mentoring field including implementation guides, toolkits, and how-to guides
• Collaborate on research summaries and publications such as supplements to the Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring
• Support the development of an online learning management system for use in training design and capacity building for MENTOR’s Affiliate Network
• Create and manage a master calendar for product development, including work plan and guidance
• Build and continually update processes, templates and best practices for online learning design
• Develop and maintaining process documents and protocols for feedback and needs assessments as they relate to online learning design
• Identify and manage contract and other resources to support instructional design and online product development as needed
• Provide training and support in online learning design
• Work across functional teams to share new processes and efficiencies
• 4+ years’ experience in adult training and development preferably in a nonprofit youth development or mentoring organization
• Advanced knowledge of innovative training approaches and ability to execute new ideas and pilots of training curricula
• Strong writing and information synthesis and management skills, with the ability to organize subject matter content into new products
• Experience developing content for online learning environments and working within Learning Management Systems preferred
• Involvement in rolling out Learning Management Systems a plus
• Ability to manage multiple high-priority projects
• Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to motivate and inspire teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes
• Desire to work collaboratively across organizational functions and with program and administrative staff to ensure outcomes
• Background and/or knowledge of mentoring, youth development, or K12 education a plus
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
Compensation and Benefits:
This is an outstanding opportunity to contribute to a highly effective nonprofit’s Program team. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Full benefits include health, dental, 403B, generous vacation, STD/LTD/Life Insurance, and paid professional development.
MENTOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Diversity of opinions, experiences, and backgrounds is a key asset.
How to Apply: