Posted: Nov 29, 2018
Advanced Composite Products and Technology, Inc. has built its reputation on a foundation of unmatched expertise in advanced composite engineering, knowledge, and experience in the productions of successful applications specialized for Aviation, Space, Defense, Marine, Performance Racing, Industrial machinery and oilfield environments. ACPT is a local business, in Huntington Beach for over 35 years, we offer employee benefits including vacation, paid time off, holidays, medical, dental insurance and a 401K program.
This composite manufacturing company has an opening for a Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Job Title: Shipping / Receiving Clerk
Shipping Clerk: Job Purpose
Works effectively and efficiently in a dispatch and warehouse environment to receive and schedule shipping and freight operations, including developing a working knowledge of warehouse organization and creating proper and detailed shipping documentation. Works with manufacturing team to ensure customer satisfaction.
Shipping Clerk: Skills and Qualifications
Exemplary Customer-Facing and Customer Service Skills, Experience in a Warehouse environment, Minimum 5 years experience in Shipping/Receiving , Strong Computer Skills, Experience driving / operating a Forklift, Valid driver's license, Detail-Oriented, Organizational Skills, Deliveries Experience, Previous Shipping and Freight Experience, Self-Motivated, Creative Problem-Solving, Previous Industry Experience, Enthusiasm, Team-Player, Warehouse Organization, Leadership. High school diploma or equivalent.
Shipping Clerk: Job Duties
• Packs and unpacks orders while maintaining department schedules and shipping reports
• Creates shipping labels and handles shipping information
• Problem solves for customers and suppliers about shipping routes, delayed items, and rush orders
• Performs administrative duties like answering phones, updating records, and providing excellent
• Maintains good interdepartmental and customer relationships. Answers any customer questions.
• Keeps organized shipping records, including statements of origin, shipping costs, products shipped, and receipt dates
• Troubleshoots shipping issues and customer issues that pop up regularly; works to solve these administrative or organizational problems to increase warehouse and dispatch efficiency
• Develops knowledge about freight and sea shipping regulations and practices
• Works well with shipping team to complete orders on time
Pay rate is based on experience
ACPT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACPT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,