Posted: Nov 29, 2018
We are a leading global company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research that seeks an Associate Director, Manufacturing. The Associate Director, Manufacturing will be responsible for production within a high-speed automation-manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities will include leading the overall activities involved in the production of high quality products at or below established standard costs for the plant. Provides leadership in developing strategies to improve safety, quality, service and cost. Applies positive associate relations practices in accordance with plant policies. Builds organizational capabilities at all levels.
• Compliance to production schedules/on-time delivery and products manufactured to meet quality expectations.
• Labor, waste, and expense budget objectives met in area of accountability.
• Continuous improvement and optimization of product flow/throughput.
• Associates in unit exhibit development, high involvement and empowerment.
Develop and communicate strategies and business plans. Function as a change agent, challenge the status quo, set goals and high expectations for all associates. Prepares annual and long-range budgets including cost reduction projects, quality improvement, capacity and capital plans. Develop methods to improve production responsiveness and product flow/throughput. Develop skills and capability of employees within the manufacturing unit and foster high involvement and empowerment. Facilitate communication and teamwork. Encourage innovation by all associates. Other duties will include:
• Manufacturing operations experience in a highly automated environment.
• A track record of delivering positive bottom line results and continuous improvement.
• Experience in medical device, food or drug industries
• Proven record of implementing and operating within data driven management systems.
• Computer proficiency
• Working knowledge of FDA regulations & other medical device regulatory compliance requirements
• Knowledge of both lean manufacturing and world class manufacturing principles.
• Knowledge/application of Six Sigma & continuous improvement
• BS/BA degree in Business, Engineering, Science
Salary range up to: $160K