Posted: Jan 15, 2019
Job Title: Program Manager, Project LIFT (Leveraging Intelligence-Focused Training)
Reports To: Director of Workforce Development
The Program Manager will provide management and leadership to Project LIFT, a multi-year grant funded employment and training project funded by the U.S. Department of Labor. The project provides post-secondary training in the Information Technology and Advanced Manufacturing sectors to low income, custodial parents. In addition, the project provides supportive services, job search assistance and job placement assistance to project participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for daily oversight of program
• Performs duties related to planning, implementing, directing and coordinating both program and operational activities of the program
• Conducts outreach and networking in relevant communities to disseminate program information and recruit appropriate program candidates
• Monitors program files and data against the requirements of the grant and other requirements to ensure that the project goals are met
• Develops and maintains relationships with Federal Program Officer, childcare centers, secondary and post-secondary schools
• Supervises, train and mentor program staff
• Coordinates training needs of participants and staff with OIC’s Training Manager to ensure delivery of quality industry-recognized certifications
• Coordinates with OIC’s Business Services Manager to develop appropriate market worker placement sites and employment opportunities
• Tracks and compiles data & submit monthly reports to the Director of Workforce Development and the Department of Labor
• Prepares timely reports per grant requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Social Work, Human Services, Education or related field
• At least 5 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Proven ability to prepare federal grant reports and other correspondence required by funder. Proven ability to develop and monitor program budgets
• At least two years’ experience in program implementation and coordination and building relationships with community partners
• Experience working with parents preferred. Experience facilitating training sessions and meetings
• Ability to maintain professional relationships with other team members, training personnel, community providers and corporate partners
• Proven familiarity with the early childhood education programs and family assistance landscape of Broward County
• Computer literate, with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills for diverse audiences
• Strong leadership, orga¬nizational and analytical skills
• Ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work independently and as a team member
• This position will require occasional independent travel between training sites and other venues. Must maintain valid DL and insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times during employment.
• Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
Competitive Benefits Package offered: Health plan includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Employer-paid benefits include STD, LTD, ADD/Life; 403B retirement/investment savings plan.
Qualified applicants should email their resume and cover letter to: Human Resources at email@example.com.
OIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer