Posted: Nov 15, 2018
Café de Leche Coffee Roasters has been proudly serving exceptionally delicious speciality coffee and tea with warm, friendly customer service to Northeast Los Angeles since 2008.
We are seeking a passionate, knowledgeable, and energetic General Manager to join us in continuing to provide the best cafe experience possible to our guests.
As the café manager, you possess a strong knowledge of, and passion for, all things coffee. You are hard working, professional, compassionate, friendly, flexible and a natural leader. You have an eye for detail and organization with the shop's appearance, cleanliness, and financials. You will inspire and engage our staff to be the best face possible of our café.
• Providing an excellent coffee experience for all of our guests
• Training new baristas and reviewing veteran staff in coffee preparation and menu knowledge
• Keeping and eye on maintaining the shop as inviting, attractive, and exceptionally clean
• Managing café deposits, payroll and scheduling
• Conducting regular staff meetings
• Managing staff with understanding, leadership, flexibility and control
• Being able to manage multiple situations simultaneously and sometimes independently
• Ability to oversee new hiring
• Possessing a basic knowledge of accounting and mathematics including the ability to verify and keep product and labor costs in check
• Maintaining social media accounts
• Suggesting menu and store updates and keeping up with industry trends
• Proudly serving as the voice and the face of Café de Leche
• Performing barista tasks behind the counter when necessary
• Ensuring food safety compliance
• Helping grow our roasting and wholesale program
• Conversational Spanish a plus but not required
• 1 – 3 years experience in cafe/food management
• Specialty Coffee/Barista experience
• Knowledge of green coffee production, varieties, and sourcing
• Experience with cupping and identifying tasting notes
• Able to have a flexible schedule including weekends, mornings and some evenings
• Must have a vehicle and valid driver's license
• Must possess a valid food handler's permit
Benefits include two weeks paid vacation, a flexible schedule, competitive salary and yearly bonus program.