Posted: Nov 27, 2018
JOB DESCRIPTION: Jr. Buyer
EMPLPOYEE TYPE / CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time / Exempt
REPORTS TO: Purchasing Manager
DEPARTMENT / LOCATION: Purchasing/ Buying
The Jr. Buyer provides inventory management support to maximize sales, inventory turn, and gross margin. This includes; maintaining appropriate levels of inventory to support sales activity, analyzing sales trends, forecasting sales and inventory, and planning appropriate purchasing strategies for all merchandise.
• Provide forecast to vendors of upcoming stock requirements necessary to support sales and allocating to stores based on performance.
• Placing replenishment orders in accordance with display minimums, sales and inventory goals.
• Reviewing replenishment trends and adjusting order points accordingly.
• Implementing replenishment plans on end caps, POG and weekly and monthly sales.
• Collaborate with Purchasing Manager to formulate launch plans and exit strategies.
• Analyzing inventory to increase or decrease projections based on inventory levels.
• Handling proper safety stocks at stores and Distribution Center.
• Ensuring product availability for promotions by reviewing ad proofs and communicating inventory requirements with vendors.
• Supporting advertising efforts by 100% stock availability in stores.
• Actively participating in discussions and meetings with the goal of sharing information, learning, and contributing to the overall success of the department.
• Prepare and provide multiple reports (i.e., Out-of-Stocks, New Products, etc.).
• Work closely with vendors to establish and maintain compliance in all areas of service and turn objectives. Coordinate the RTV process for damaged and/or discontinued merchandise.
• Proactively report product and material availability issues.
• Perform other job related duties s assigned.
• 2-4 years of supply chain planning and replenishment experience, preferably in retail or high-volume environment.
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office products, with Word and Excel high level proficiency, experience in using formal replenishment software.
• Epicor Retail and Compass experience is a plus.
• Ability to interact with all employee levels and the ability to interact with vendors to build positive / effective partnerships and or relationships.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work well under pressure and function effectively as a team member.
• Ability to analyze large amounts of data quickly and provide accurate actionable recommendations.
• Strong written, verbal communication and collaborative skills.
• Ability to work independently with demonstrated evidence of detail-orientation, multi-tasking, problem solving skills, and meeting deadlines.
Compensation: up to $52,500.00 with bonus potential
Centinela Feed & Pet Supplies is a drug free workplace.
To apply please click on the link below or copy it into your browser, and it will take you to our Kronos page.