Posted: Nov 30, 2018
Alaant Workforce Solutions (formerly Linium Recruiting) is now hiring for a Business Analyst for a full-time contract opportunity with New York State (NYS). The analyst will be responsible for conducting analyses of administrative/operational processes and procedures, in order to facilitate the implementation of new systems or modifications to existing systems. This will be accomplished by, effectively communicating with potential users, stakeholders, IT staff, and decision-makers, to identify needs and evaluate potential business solutions with project management. This opportunity offers holidays and paid time off (PTO) accruals and access to a full suite of benefit options.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language, for medium to enterprise level systems.
• Document current and future process flows, as well as business architecture documents using industry standards and various modeling techniques.
• Create and implement Requirements Management Plan including identification of stakeholders, decomposition of the project scope into manageable units, identification of required attributes for traceability, requirements prioritization & reporting.
• Elicit requirements using interviews, customer documents, workshops, surveys, site visits, and business process descriptions, analysis of business rules, scenarios, tasks, and workflow analysis, and any other business analysis techniques for both new and existing processes and procedures.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Proactively plan and facilitate the successful implementation of the product, service, or end result of the program or project.
• Work with project management staff members to raise and resolve issues, set project deadlines, and mitigate project risks.
• Works independently with users and various stakeholders to define concepts, processes, and requirements and under the direction of project managers.
• Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
• Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
• Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts, etc.
• Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
• Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
• Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
• Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
• The candidate will have at least 84+ months of experience in analyzing, managing products, communicating customer business needs and translating them into business, functional, application and operational requirements.
• The candidate will have a minimum of 84+ months of Business Requirements, elicitation, and definition.
• The candidate will have a minimum of 84+ months of use case/user story development.
• The candidate will have a minimum of 84+ months of meeting, planning, presentation, and facilitation experience.
• The candidate will have a minimum of 84+ months of working with project stakeholders to define and develop business processes and procedures.
• The candidate will have a minimum of 84+ months of experience utilizing either waterfall or iterative/incremental methodologies for business requirements management.
• The candidate should have a minimum 12+ months of QA experience.
• Candidate requires a minimum of 12+ months of database testing including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procedures, jobs, triggers, and replication.
• Candidate requires a minimum of 12+ months experience with creating concise detail-oriented test plans/cases.
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree needed.
To apply to this position directly, please visit the following link:
For more details on this role contact:
Sha-Netta Willis, Resource Manager @ 518-689-3159
Alaant Workforce Solutions (formerly Linium Recruiting) wants all interested applicants to know they are seeking a diverse workforce and are actively recruiting candidates in accordance with diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity policies.
Aligning businesses with the best employees so our community continues to thrive.