Posted: Nov 30, 2018
Alaant Workforce Solutions (formerly Linium Recruiting) is now hiring for an IT Programmer for a full-time contract opportunity with New York State (NYS). The project’s main objective is to convert a disconnected desktop application into a Web-base that’s connected to a central database. This opportunity offers holidays and paid time off (PTO) accruals and access to a full suite of benefit options.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Execute a full software development life cycle (SDLC).
• Working with BA & tester to make sure that the developed module meets functional & non-functional requirements.
• Designing and developing software using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
• Use Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Visual Source Safe as a repository for the source code, for checking source code in and out, branching off new versions of the source code, and for tracking project work items and application defects.
• Integrate software modules into a fully functional solution and do integration testing.
• Analysis, design, coding, component and assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team- Maintenance (including production support), enhancement and development work- Write application software, data analysis, data access, data structures, data manipulation, databases, design, programming, testing and implementation, technical and user documentation, software conversions.
• The candidate is able to provide leadership of large teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
• At least 84 months demonstrated experience using Microsoft Visual Studio to develop/maintain complex applications in C# and/or ASP.NET for n-tier web deployment.
• At least 84 months demonstrated experience developing and maintaining web applications.
• At least 84 months demonstrated experience with Oracle: Database design, PL SQL coding, stored procedures, packages, indexes, triggers, creating tables, etc.
• At least 84 months demonstrated experience interpreting and analyzing complex business requirements and building the logic within an application's code to meet those requirements.
• At least 48 months demonstrated experience developing financial applications.
• At least 48 months demonstrated experience developing applications with Angular 2 or later versions.
• At least 48 months demonstrated experience developing applications with MVC 5 or later versions.
• At least 48 months demonstrated experience developing & consuming RESTful APIs.
• At least 48 months demonstrated experience working with different design patterns.
To apply directly to this position, please visit the following job link:
For more details on this role contact:
Sha-Netta Willis, Resource Manager @ 518-689-3159
Alaant Workforce Solutions (formerly Linium Recruiting) wants all interested applicants to know they are seeking a diverse workforce and are actively recruiting candidates in accordance with diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity policies.
Aligning businesses with the best employees so our community continues to thrive.