Posted: Oct 30, 2018
Serves patients by preparing specimens for laboratory testing; performing screening procedures.
• Verifies test requisitions by comparing information with appropriate patient record.
• Verifies patient by reading patient identification.
• Obtains blood specimens by performing venipunctures
• Collects urine specimens
• Maintains specimen integrity by using approved techniques.
• Tracks collected specimens by initialing, dating and noting times of collection.
• Resolves unusual test orders by obtaining further clarification from physician; notifies supervisor of unresolved orders.
• Verifies patient insurance eligibility.
• Verifies diagnosis codes are appropriate for ordered tests.
• Adheres to professional standards, company policies and procedures, federal, state and local laws and regulations.
• Manage supply inventory
• Assure providers receive result within a timely manner
• Other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
• Analyzing Information
• Infection Control
• Attention to Detail
• Quality Focus
• Ability to work in a high-volume environment
• Minimum 3+ years of Certified Phlebotomy experience