Posted: Oct 30, 2018
Job Title: Re-Entry Case Manager (SAMHSA Program)
Reports to: Program Manager
Status: Full time
Salary Range: $35-$39k
The Case Manager provides services to returning citizens transitioning from the Florida Department of Corrections and Work Release Centers (WRC). The Case Manager will provide wrap-around services inclusive of participant screening, applicable assessments and supportive services to returning citizens with multiple barriers to employment. The Case Manager works with program participants to address criminogenic and basic needs as identified by risk and needs assessments and the transition to employment using work readiness assessment results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide services that address criminogenic and basic needs for participants. Deliver services to participants working to meet goals identified in their case plans
• Coordinate and work with participants to identify a career ladder/pathway and training/education opportunities to move the participant along their chosen career path and family sustaining employment.
• Refer participants to partner agencies for which OIC does not provide direct service delivery and provide monthly follow-up
• Coordinates the participant's wrap-around case planning team and facilitates case planning meetings with support team.
• Monitors and tracks case plan progress, working with support team members to document goals achieved on a monthly basis
• Provide Project Director with a monthly update regarding the process of clients on the assigned case load
• Maintain contact with participants based upon their risk/need and provide appropriate counseling services
• Build and maintain professional working relationships with other team members, WRC and prison personnel, community service providers, employers etc.
• Attend scheduled meetings deemed necessary by the Project Manager or other Senior Management Staff to include community meetings and in-services.
• Follow all requirements and guidelines of program funder under guidance of supervisors
• Collect and input data into program evaluation database(s) for ongoing supervisory and funder review
• Other duties as assigned and needed for program support.
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field. MCAP, MSW, Substance Abuse certification are a plus
• Minimum of three to five (3-5) years relevant experience in case management, mentoring, and support to at- risk population. Experience in working with at-risk populations returning from incarceration preferred
• Understanding of basic substance use theories, to include the 6 Stages of Change
• Demonstrates current knowledge of and the ability to apply instructional technology applications that support the diverse learning needs of students
• Bilingual (English, Spanish, French, Creole) skills a plus.
• Ability to express complex ideas with clarity and precision both orally and written
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle multiple deadlines and tasks simultaneously
• Ability to effectively work and communicate with clients, postsecondary personnel, and community partners from diverse cultures or backgrounds in
• Maintain integrity of confidential information relating to clients, staff, or stakeholders
Competitive Benefits Package offered: Health plan includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Employer-paid benefits include STD, LTD, ADD/Life; 403B retirement/investment savings plan.
Qualified applicants should email their resume and cover letter to: Human Resources at email@example.com.
OIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer