Posted: Oct 22, 2018
A manufacturing company is seeking a Purchasing Assistant to compile information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material. You will work 5 hours Monday through Friday, for a total of 25 hours each week.
• Develop a purchase order for each product ordered and verify all information
• Maintain all inventory items
• Verify bills from suppliers with bids and purchase order and approve bills
• Maintain a list of suppliers and negotiate with vendors to get the best possible price and service guarantee
• Verify receipt of items received by comparing items to items ordered, resolving shipments in error with supplier, and organize vendor returns
• Authorize payments for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Must have Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• Must have previous experience with MRP systems
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must have the ability to multi-task, be organized, and detailed
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For immediate consideration, please call 440-887-4008 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.