Posted: Sep 05, 2019
Position Overview: Detail and safety-oriented individual who is primarily responsible for picking/pulling orders, receiving product, accurately slotting and shipping of product to meet company standards of safety, productivity and cleanliness
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Pick the correct number and type of product, meeting or exceeding the goal for accuracy
• Meet or exceed the hourly and monthly goals for picks per hour
• Assemble, stack and palletize orders according to standards
• Accurately tag/mark orders as required
• Safely and efficiently operate equipment according to company and OSHA standards
• Maintain equipment in neat/clean manner and complete operator’s checklist.
• Assist in physical inventories and cycle counts; counting in an efficient and accurate manner.
• Operate shrink-wrap machine safely and according to guidelines.
• Charge equipment (pallet jack/forklift/reach truck) as required
• Maintain assigned section according to standards (cleaning shelves, organizing product, processing damaged merchandize)
• Unload trucks/containers as required, checking for damages/infestation/shortages.
• Clean warehouse, lot, truck bays, breakroom, restrooms as required.
• Comply with and support the company’s safety program and all initiatives, policies and procedures.
• Be able to work in a freezer
• Assist in receiving
Skills and Qualifications
• 0 - 1 year experience in Warehouse environment preferred
• High-school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety is mandatory
• Must be able to handle stress that is involved in meeting deadlines due to tight scheduling requirements
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including occasional overtime.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and Managers.
• Must be able to follow written procedures and processes, but also have the ability to think quickly and answer questions and solve problems
• Demonstrate attention to detail to ensure accuracy and completeness of orders
• Follow safety procedures
• Must pass drug test and background check
• Work Schedule is Sunday thru Thursday (6:00am-2:30pm)
• Employees must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Employees must be able to safely operate equipment, including forklift and pallet jacks.
• Frequent bending, lifting, twisting and grasping.
COMPENSATION: $13.25 - $16.00 per hour (DOE)
TO APPLY: please click on the link below or copy it into your browser, and it will take you to our current open positions.
Centinela Feed & Pet Supplies is a Drug Free Workplace.