Posted: Oct 09, 2018
Under the direction and general supervision of the Manager, Support Services, painters are responsible for performing a variety of tasks daily throughout the units, buildings and property. Painters must have the overall knowledge of paints and what products to use for particular tasks. Activities to perform on a daily basis include the following: touching up units with scuff marks, painting porches, staining decks, painting the interior and exterior of buildings, stripping wall paper, maintaining equipment, and other necessary activities as directed.
RESPONSIBILITIES may include but not limited to:
- Ensure paint supplies are fully stocked and ready for weekly tasks.
- Ensure all assigned units are being painted weekly and completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain the painting of porches in the Cottages.
- Maintain the painting of all foyer doors in the Towne’s and Cottages.
- Ensure all stress cracks, nail pops, water stains, or holes are properly fixed.
- Ensure all decks in the Cottages are being pressure washed and stained.
- Turn in receipts when products are purchased to the Manager, Support Service.
- Monitor the use and inventory levels of paint product at all times.
- Maintain and clean any products or equipment used on a daily basis.
- Ensure units are clean at the end of the day.
- Keep work areas clean and well organized and complete work assignments in a neat and efficient manner.
- Report any issues with paint that may have been spilled or wrong colors.
- Ensure paint is kept and maintained under certain temperatures.
- Maintain vehicles and/or golf carts used by the refurbishment team members.
- Ensure King’s Creek policies and procedures are adhered to and followed daily.
- Perform and complete all work assigned safely and professionally according to safety rules and regulations.
- Participate in departmental staff meetings.
- Participate in training and coaching sessions as offered.
- Perform additional or different duties, from those set forth above, to address business needs and changing business practices as directed by the supervisor.
- Must be punctual with a positive attitude.
- Comply and enforce our conservative grooming and appearance standards.
- Ensure proper work attire by adhering to painters’ dress code daily
- High School Diploma or GED required;
- Significant related experience may substitute for education
- Two (2) years skilled painting experience required
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to frequently stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects and/or, tools, reach with hands and arms above shoulders; required to climb stairs/ladders; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist and crawl; employee must frequently lift, carry, push, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities usually required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Full time position (8.5 hour day with minimum 30 minute lunch) with occasional evening, weekend hours; overtime may be requested.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is performed in both internal and external environments with exposure to weather conditions prevailing at the time. Regularly requires exposure to the natural elements, dust, insects, fumes, chemicals and conditions that could be hazardous or dangerous relative to job duties.
King's Creek Plantation Owners Association is an equal opportunity employer. It does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, family and medical leave status protected by state or federal law or any other protected group.
Job Type: Full-time