Posted: Oct 09, 2018
Refurbishment technicians are charged with the challenge of learning how to update timeshare units on the property. Under the direction and general supervision of the Manager, Support Services, the technician is responsible for performing a vast variety of tasks daily to ensure units are completed in a timely manner. Refurbishment technicians must be skilled in several trades to perform this job function and overcome obstacles for proper completion. Activities to include performing minor repairs, painting, stripping wall paper, replacing floors, installing backsplashes, installing trim, minor repairs, installing garbage disposals, fixing furniture, cleaning coils on refrigerators, cleaning out dryer duct work, installing furniture, and any other necessary maintenance activities that are directed.
RESPONSIBILITIES may include but not limited to:
- Provide preventative maintenance and inspections of units that will be refurbished.
- Perform and complete all work assigned safely and professionally according to safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain accurate work records and logs according to department procedure.
- Ensure refurbishment supplies are stocked at all times.
- Ensure all refurbishment units are fully painted and ready for occupancy.
- Ensure all vents are painted.
- Ensure all decks are pressure washed and stained on refurbishment units.
- Safely transport, maintain and clean any products or equipment used on a daily basis.
- Complete work assignments in a neat and efficient manner while keeping work areas clean and well organized.
- Report all unit repairs that may require an outside contractor.
- Maintain and clean vehicles and/or golf carts used by the refurbishment team members.
- Participate in departmental staff meetings.
- Enforce a high standard of service excellence and seek to achieve a 4.7 or higher rating on RCI standards.
- Perform additional or different duties, from those set forth above, to address business needs and changing business practices as directed by the supervisor.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Significant related experience may substitute for education.
- Two (2) years skilled equipment trade experience required.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; to reach with hands and arms; to speak and hear; to frequently climb stairs/ladders; to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; to smell; to frequently lift, push, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 75 pounds; to travel to other locations using/operating private or company transportation. Specific vision abilities usually required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee can be required to stand 100% of the shift.
- Full time position (8.5 hour day with minimum 30 minute break).
- Various work schedule to include evening, weekend and holiday hours.
- Occasional overtime may be requested.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and is occasionally loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevailing at the time. Regularly requires exposure to the natural elements, dust, insects, and conditions that could be hazardous or dangerous relative to job duties.
King's Creek Plantation Owners Association is an equal opportunity employer. It does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, family and medical leave status protected by state or federal law or any other protected group.
Job Type: Full-time