Posted: Jul 12, 2019
Web Designer / Developer
We are seeking a freelance in-house motivated, well-disciplined Web Designer & Developer to be responsible for participating in the production of an ecommerce website. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, dependable, able to multitask, and open to direction and feedback. You will communicate design processes and intentions to senior designers and directors, work in an organized and professional manner. This is a mid-level position with some front-end development.
WHO WE ARE:
Lotus Pet foods is a unique line of holistic, oven-baked dry foods, canned stews and raw foods, all created for the long, happy life of your favorite dog or cat.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop website based on in-house Graphic Designer’s direction.
• Collaborate with designers, developers, and marketers in an open, creative environment
• Making the UI / UX simpler, more elegant, and more usable
• Adding new features, improvements, and even developing new ideas
• Invent novel solutions to challenging problems
• WordPress, Middleman and experience with an alternative open source CMS is a huge plus
• Experience building mobile first responsive websites and marketing emails
• Detail and visually oriented and precise in code and communication
• Is a pragmatic problem solver
• Works well in small teams with a clear mission
• Build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code with full-stack development.
• Rollout new features and analyzing (and reacting) to the results you discover from our system services and user feedback.
• Optimize existing functionality for improved response times.
• Collaborate with the team to design, develop, unit test, and support new features.
• Searching creatively for the best solution, while building for the end-user.
• Consistently deliver readable, maintainable and efficient code.
• Performance tuning, testing, refactoring, usability, and automation.
• Rapidly mockup a proof-of-concept implementation of an idea for presentation
• Assist in Git merges.
• Code, test, debug, fix, and document the website
• Provide post-launch verification of features and changes
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and collaboration skills
• Ability to work quickly, while maintaining a high level of quality
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create wireframes, prototypes, and UI designs
• Design for usability
• CSS transition and animation knowledge
• WordPress development and deployment
• Responsive design
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite
• Must be passionate about UI/UX
• Must have current knowledge of web designs and trends
• Great sense of layout, composition, typography and color
• Apply creativity to projects while working within design and brand guidelines
• Experienced in developing responsive, interactive websites.
• Proficient with Git and GitHub.
• Distributed version control (git) and regular deployments.
• Experience in Database Design and Concepts (Postgres MySQL, ORM).
• Exceptional experience in maintaining sound Database structure.
• Experience with implementing 3rd party APIs.
• Solid understanding and experience with e-commerce applications.
• Web standards, Responsive design, and cross-browser compatibility.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a small team with minimal supervision.
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
LANGUAGES AND PLATFORMS, WE USE INCLUDE:
• Ubuntu Server
• MYSQL • Stripe
• API integrations
• AWS (S3)
• 2-5 years website development (HTML/WordPress/PHP/Java), proven work experience as a UI Designer or similar role
• 2-5 years design experience Photoshop/Illustrator/Vectoring/Logos, experience building user interfaces for mobile and web using industry-standard tools (ex. Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• BA/BS in Design, Graphic/Visual Design, Computer Science or relevant field OR relevant experience with design portfolio for mobile and web applications
• Ability to build rapport, work effectively with all levels within the organization
Location: Work from our Torrance, CA based office Job Type: Freelance / Contract
Compensation: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour DOE
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter, link to your portfolio, and resume CAREERS@CENTINELAFEED.COM