Posted: Dec 11, 2018
Job Title: SRAE Case Manager
Reports To: Program Manager
OIC of South Florida is a community-based leader in providing quality self-help skills and employment opportunities for disadvantaged and underemployed residents; thus, assisting them to become self-sufficient and productive members of society. Its work is accomplished through three divisions: Workforce Development, Youth and Families, and OIC Strategic Integration (Social Enterprise Cooperation).
Provides individual case management for a subset (estimated at 25%) of SRAE participants with a high level of risk & need. Provides referrals to address assessed needs and monitors follow-through.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review completed trauma screens and basic needs assessments. Identify youth at highest risk and/or multiple, complex needs.
• Administer trauma symptom screening, basic needs assessment; & group case management, & assure referrals are made accordingly to community services providers & resources.
• Provide individual case management for those participants identified as high risk and with multiple, complex needs.
• Provide group case management.
• Assist youth with goal development; and make referrals to community programs and resources as indicated by the basic needs assessment and trauma screen.
• Communicate to educators needs of the high-risk youth and progress on their goals and services.
• Review results of group and individual case management and identify common needs among class participants to be addressed in group case management.
• Identify community service providers and other resources. Build and maintain professional working relationships with community services providers.
• Assist educators to identify referral options for youth who are at lower risk and have less needs than those on the case manager’s high risk/high need caseload.
• Receive training in EB SRAE curricula and deliver curricula as backup for Educators (as program needs dictate).
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field preferred. Three years’ case management, adolescent pregnancy prevention, positive youth development, or educational programming experience working with youth. Working knowledge of community resources.
Competitive Benefits Package offered: Health plan includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Employer-paid benefits include STD, LTD, ADD/Life; 403B retirement/investment savings plan.
Qualified applicants should email their resume and cover letter to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer