Posted: Oct 30, 2018
Job Title: Director of Workforce Development
Reports To: Vice President of Operations
Salary: $71,000 - $75,000 annually
The successful candidate for this position is capable of operating effectively in a dynamic, fast paced and growing non-profit organization, understands the power of team building, collaboration and mutual support and has a passion for helping people at risk. Strong administrative skills are a must.
The Director of Workforce Development will have overall responsibility for all workforce development initiatives including programming and contract oversight, operations, administration and project management, receiving direction from the Vice President of Operations. The position will be a part of the senior management team that drives the overall strategy for the organization and represents OIC of South Florida (OIC) primarily on a local basis, but may have some regional and national engagement as well.
The Director of Workforce Development shall have a thorough knowledge of workforce polices, programs, and systems. The Dir. Of Workforce Development shall maintain a heavy focus on the following areas: Enhancement and expansion of OIC-SFL’s Workforce Curriculum, Strategic alliances with other credentialing institutions, government entities etc. resource development, contract oversight and management.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Training, Social Sciences, Social work, MBA, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
At least 10 years of experience in providing leadership and management in the non-profit and/or governmental sector. Strong knowledge of workforce and community/human development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Program and Operational Leadership and Management
• Along with the Vice President of Operations, the Director of Workforce Development will enhance and implement strategic plans for the workforce development division of OIC of South Florida.
• Monitor and oversee all OIC workforce development initiatives.
• Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence: oversee implementation of workforce programs and administration of program budgets and recommend and manage timelines and resources needed to achieve program and organizational goals.
• Research, develop, and update vocational and employability curricula in accordance with best practices and evidence-based models to ensure curricula is current, relevant, and effective.
• Lead the design and improvement of soft-skills and employment training to be appropriate for target population and to meet outcome objectives.
• Lead OIC’s vocational accreditation process along with executive team and frontline staff
• Source and lead the sustainability effort to include grant application development and submission and other OIC revenue generating initiatives.
• Provide support and oversight for staff coordinating student enrollment, attendance, and retention.
• Develop systems to ensure consistent, high-quality project management and evaluation.
• Recruit, train, develop, coach, and retain high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate to target levels of responsibility and performance.
• Provide ongoing leadership in the development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaining culture and supporting staff during organizational growth.
• Provide leadership on employer engagement and outreach activities for successful placement and retention. (To be managed by employment services manager)
• Cultivate existing relationships and develop new relationships with current and prospective stakeholder that may impact and enhance OIC of South Florida’s mission.
• Manage relationships with current partner organizations, as well as establish new relationships to ensure effective collaboration and delivery of high quality and comprehensive program services.
• Engage with Department of Labor (DOL) and all other workforce development funders and stakeholders in managing grants, meeting program deliverables, collecting and analyzing data, and creating and submitting reports.
• Follow trends in workforce development and local job markets to design and implement relevant strategies to ensure high placement and retention rates.
• Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of data and knowledge generated by workforce programs.
• Research and apply best practices to workforce develop programs. Develop dissemination system to share program best practices and lessons learned with a broad range of communities and stakeholders.
• Ensure that key project outcomes and/or policy, advocacy, and legislation are evaluated and leveraged for maximum community and organizational impact.
• Work collaboratively with management team to integrate cross program activities and functions.
• Work with management team to identify and pursue resources to support workforce programs including government and nongovernment grant opportunities, public-private partnerships, etc.
• Support fundraising activities to promote the sustainability of programs and services.
• Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Operations.
• Commitment to quality programs and excellence with demonstrated skills in achieving strategic objectives in a timely fashion.
• Strong ability to manage relationships and engage a wide range of stakeholders including advisory groups, coalitions, forums, trade associations, and practitioner groups.
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
• Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for OIC’s mission and commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals as well as front line staff.
• Ability to handle a variety of constituencies and manage multiple tasks, simultaneously, and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities.
• Strong analytical skills, strong work ethic, basic business intuition, and common sense.
• Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines.
• This position may require independent travel between local employers, prisons and other venues. Must maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times during employment.
Competitive Benefits Package offered: Health plan includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Employer-paid benefits include STD, LTD, ADD/Life; 403B retirement/investment savings plan.
Qualified applicants should email their resume and cover letter to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer