Posted: Oct 30, 2018
Job Title: Manager of Employment Services
Reports To: Director of Workforce Development
Salary: $50,000 - 60,000 annually
OIC of South Florida is a community-based leader in providing quality self-help skills and employment opportunities for disadvantaged and underemployed residents; thus, assisting them to become self-sufficient and productive members of society. Its work is accomplished through three divisions: Workforce Development, Youth and Families, and OIC Strategic Integration.
Job Summary: The Employment Services & Business Development Manager will lead the expansion of OIC of South Florida’s market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships that lead to long-term job placements for OIC trainees. This position is a producer role but is also responsible for the supervision of the Employment Services Unit and staff, including working very closely with internal departments to ensure OIC trainees are prepared for the workforce and job placement. This position shall lead all Employment Services development efforts of employer engagement and retention.
Preferred Professional Skills & Competencies: Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Consultative Selling to Customer Needs, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, Staff and Sales Management, Highly Organized, Detail Oriented, Excels at Working within a Diverse & Multicultural Environment.
• A minimum of a B.S. degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Education or related field.
• Minimum seven years business development and career services experience in professional services sector.
• Must be able to demonstrate consultative sales experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the development and implementation plan for job development initiatives for all OIC placement efforts in South Florida. Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities directly and through staff.
• Provide leadership, manage and evaluate all job development Employment Services staff regarding job development and retention efforts for OIC trainees.
• Identify, develop, negotiate and manage go-to-market strategies for employer accounts acquisition and retention driven by current and future job placement needs. Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations. Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new clients (Employers and participants) with company objectives and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating and communicating our employer and funding partners' needs and goals.
• Establish and maintain rapport with Workforce Board staff in order to solicit referrals, solidify placements and enhance OIC-SFL’s position within the workforce community. This may include local, state, and regional CareerSource personnel and line management.
• Maintain familiarization with CareerSource One-Stop services and benefits throughout South Florida.
• Source, analyze and communicate workforce and labor market trends and job placement data in order to align and inform OIC senior management for organizational planning. Updates job knowledge and Identifies trendsetter ideas by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Provide leadership in working with case management staff in order to link case management services with work preparedness of all OIC Trainees to identify and provide support regarding issues that may hinder a student’s program/employment goals and employment retention.
• Attend and represent OIC at job development events to promote program services to include but not limited to proceedings at CareerSource of South Florida, Broward Alliance, Beacon Council, and respective Chambers of Commerce that may lead to employment opportunities for OIC students.
• Coordinate job fairs for OIC students.
• Along with training department, research and implement assessment tool/s to gather information in order to develop Individual Service Plan (ISP) regarding student’s level of employability and to make appropriate job match.
• Serve as liaison between employer and employee to address any concerns regarding student’s performance.
• Prepare and monitor, in concert with Division Director, all reports related to job placement and retention to all appropriate stakeholders.
• Champion ongoing workplace and life skills training in order to further prepare students for job market.
• Assure proper systems to input into and maintain up-to-date student files.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and or OIC senior management team.
• Successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills suitable for diverse audiences, such as Corporate Executives and Community Outreach environments where audiences may often have less than a high school education.
• Candidate should be a motivated and highly adaptable self-starter able to function and succeed in a complex and fast paced environment with significant ambiguity.
• Demonstrated business development expertise in generating leads, identifying business targets, developing a relationship with and closing business owners and C – Level executives.
• Business development experience in professional services and in an employment agency environment highly desirable.
• Experience working in partnership across Administration, Marketing/Communications, Training, Program and other internal clients not reporting to you to accomplish the goal of assessing, training & preparing participants for successful full-time employment.
• Proficient at Microsoft Office, particularly using programs that facilitate delivery of presentations (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
• Familiarization and/or experience in working with a diverse and challenging clientele; to include ex-offenders and others with multiple employment barriers preferred.
• This position will require independent travel between agency resource centers and other venues as required by position. Must maintain valid DL and insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times during employment.
• Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, bend, stoop, reach, speak and hear as well as the ability to lift presentation materials, including marketing equipment.
• Bilingual (English, Spanish, French, Creole) skills a plus but not required.
Competitive Benefits Package offered: Health plan which includes medical, dental and vision; three employer paid benefits: STD, LTD, ADD/Life; 403B retirement/investment savings plan.
Qualified applicants should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
OIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer