Posted: Aug 22, 2019
JOB TITLE: Production Operator
REPORTS TO: Lotus Production Supervisor
LOCATION: Torrance, CA
The Lotus Natural Pet Food Plant is a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented work environment. We’re looking for operators to help us make very high-quality dog and cat food. We manufacture pet food from start to finish: We are hiring for the following departments: Meat prep and batching, production, packaging, and sanitation. Operators will be cross trained in each department to help fill daily staffing requirements. Shifts begin early, mid, and late morning depending on the department.
• Set up, operate, adjust, and shut down machinery
• Perform changeovers on machinery when necessary
• Responsible for the safe handling of food products
• Ensures all paperwork and process data is filled out completely and accurately to include lot identification
• Responsible for in-process checks and on-line documentation of batch records and logbooks.
• Interprets batch sheet directions and ensure formula/recipe meat ingredients are within variance parameters.
• Complete required production documentation including lot tracking, testing logs, QA forms and production reports.
• Identify and communicate problems and production issues in a timely manner
Meat Prep and Batching
• Responsible for preparing raw meats, proteins and ingredients for production batches.
• Insure FIFO is observed when requesting or removing inventory for batch preparation
• Inspects raw meat processing equipment and verifies operational status and cleanliness
• Maintains a safe, healthy, and sanitary work environment by following GMP standards and procedures.
• Verifies proper materials per recipe, weight and SOP
• Comply with all company Quality, HACCP, GMP and Food Safety Standards
• Comply with all company safety policies and procedures
• Operate pallet jacks and other material handling equipment
Other duties as assigned
• Responsible for preparing the packaging and labeling line to label, tray package and shrink wrap finished goods cans
• Inspects packaging line processing equipment and verifies operational status and cleanliness.
• Set up, operate, adjust and shut down packaging line machinery
• Responsible for in-process checks and on-line documentation of labeling records and logbooks.
• Interprets production schedule and insures proper materials are in inventory and ready for use to include:
o Label Hot Melt Glue
o Tray Adhesive
o Shrink Film
o Pallet Wrapping
• Keep all production and receiving areas clean by cleaning and sanitizing processing equipment, and maintaining the areas in accordance with approved quality and sanitation procedures.
• Clean processed product, lint, dust, oil, and grease from all production equipment, tools, walls, cookers and removes parts as needed, and put equipment back together for all production lines.
• Perform all chemical testing associated with sanitations and operate all cleaning / sanitizing equipment.
• Complete Sanitation Logs daily for appropriate equipment and areas
• Read machine sanitation SOP’s and perform required component checks.
• Properly wears personal protective equipment as required and provided by the company. Wears appropriate uniform/clothing in accordance with GMP's/company standards.
• Ensures safe and proper storage of sanitation chemicals.
• Communicates/coordinates with other departments to ensure optimum, efficient utilization of non-running time to properly sanitize the company's equipment.
• Practices and complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety and other work rules; includes compliance with all regulatory mandates, such as lockout/tag out, electrical safety, confined spaces.
• Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
• Must have an attention to detail methodology
• Though reporting to a Production Supervisor, individual should be able to work independently upon task assignment
• Must be able to work seamlessly with others on an in-line production team
• Work with a sense of urgency and maintain pace
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Basic computer skills to operate computer automated equipment
• Basic math skills – add, subtract, multiply and divide
• Read and interpret all weights of measurement
• Excellent interpersonal skills – must be a team player
• Must have an excellent work ethic and be a self-starter
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
• Must be able to stand, sit, bend and kneel for extended periods of time
• Basic knowledge or understanding of a manufacturing environment – direct manufacturing
experience not necessary
• Machinery/mechanical background and knowledge preferred
• Prior forklift experience preferred, but not mandatory.
• Prior food manufacturing, compounding, blending, cooking and preparation, labeling and packaging experience is
preferred, but not mandatory.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required
COMPENSATION: $14.25 - $17.00 DOE
Lotus Pet Foods is a drug free workplace.
To apply please click on the link below or copy it into your browser, and it will take you to our Kronos page.