Posted: Oct 24, 2018
Pequot Lakes Animal Hospital is looking to expand! We are looking for one or two passionate veterinarians who love what they do. Be part of a progressive team in a great community. The “bedside manner” here is high energy, upbeat & loving- for both our clients & their pets and each other! Future ownership or buy in possible. Interest in holistic medicine is also a plus. Mentorship available for a new graduate.
Pequot Lakes is nestled in the beautiful Brainerd Lakes Area of Minnesota. Work where you can play! All year long Pequot Lakes serves as a playground for people of all ages with varying interests. Whether you're into golfing, fishing, kayaking, hunting, boating or biking, Pequot Lakes has something you're sure to enjoy.
Our location: 30286 Rasmussen Road, Pequot Lakes MN 56472 http://www.pequotvet.com/
• To provide high quality medical and surgical care to patients and outstanding service to all clients. You will continually act as advocates for each pet.
• You will work with staff to educate and partner with every client on how to achieve excellent health and wellness for their pets.
• To contribute to the expansion of the practice by your expertise and professionalism, creating an increasing base of loyal customers.
Specific responsibilities & duties to include:
• Complete vet appointments with the help of our support staff.
• Handle emergencies during business hours as well as shared emergency calls after hours.
• Mentor and direct the support staff.
• Complete medical records completely, promptly, and accurately.
• Perform routine soft tissue surgeries and dental procedures.
• Perform orthopedic surgeries (if comfortable and competent)
• Direct staff on treatment of hospitalized and surgical patients
• Work directly with owner as a liaison for the non-doctor staff.
• Communicate promptly with clients via phone calls.
• Diagnose, treat, and prescribe for all patients at an above-average level.
• Assure all medical care provided is prompt and at a high quality.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• You must have completed a DVM degree from an accredited school of veterinary medicine. Ideally you will have at least one year of experience, however it is not a must.
• IMPORTANT: You should have an interest in holistic medicine, or at least be open to a holistic approach.
Desired Personality Characteristics:
- Focused on quality care and excelling at assuring client satisfaction.
- Strong willingness to learn and follow the proven effective procedure and systems of each hospital.
- High level of enthusiasm is a MUST; we work in a very busy environment and we want to have fun.
- Must be willing to cooperate and work with a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Persistent and long-term driven.
- Treat all pets as if it were your own. Treat all clients as you would want to be treated.
Offered Salary & Other Compensation:
• Highly competitive base salary.
• Very attractive production bonuses quarterly.
• Profit sharing will be available.
• Benefits include paid vacation, holiday pay, retirement plan with 3% company match, liability insurance, continuing education, uniforms, and health insurance/HSA account contributions.
• Buy-in potential for the right candidate
If this sounds like your opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume. We can’t wait to meet you!