Posted: Feb 02, 2018
THE DOCTORS’ CLINIC
LPN Job Description
Reports to: Director of Nursing
Hours: Full time (37.5 – 39 hrs.), Saturday rotation and extended hours required
Work location: Clinical areas
Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, RN’s and physicians, the LPN will work with the healthcare team to provide comprehensive, appropriate and timely patient care.
To maintain the integrity of the doctor/patient relationship while helping patients receive appropriate medical care within a reasonable time frame.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a team centered position. The LPN will work with an assigned team of physicians, RN’s, medical assistants, receptionists and care managers to include the following duties:
• Management of phone calls and tasks
• Provide direct patient care in the clinic setting, procedures and education
• Clinical support for providers and staff
• Accurate documentation in Electronic Medical Records
• Interpersonal/human relations skills
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Customer service skills
• Ability to respond to questions in a tactful and professional manner
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Show initiative and take responsibility in dealing with interpersonal conflict resolution
• Ability to promote a positive work environment
• Ability to utilize computers and navigate electronic medical records
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
1. 1 year prior experience in an outpatient clinical setting as well as the ability to work in a busy environment with multiple duties is required.
2. IV skills
3. Current unencumbered LPN licensure in the state of Oregon
4. Current BLS/CPR certification
Physical demands of the position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing this job the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers repetitively as in utilizing a computer keyboard. The employee is also required to stand for periods of time; walk throughout the clinic and climb stairs; talk and hear through a phone or headset. May also be required to move, lift and store boxes and supplies.