Posted: Dec 10, 2018
Our Veterinary Assistants are the glue that keeps all departments running smoothly.
The assistants help our technicians by restraining pets, taking radiographs, running labwork, etc.
The assistants help our front staff with scanning records and assisting with phone calls.
They assists in the kennel by taking care of the hospital’s patients -this includes feeding, walking, medicating, clean out cages, bathing pets, laundry, and washing including litter boxes and dishes. In addition to taking care of the animals, the assistants help with the general cleaning of the hospital. -This includes collecting trash, cleaning exam rooms, cleaning surgical packs and sterilizing instruments, vacuum and mop floors and a variety of other maintenance duties.
Qualified candidates must be able to :
• Multi-task in a fast paced working environment
• Maintain a high level of organization and communication
• Stand on feet all day and move quickly around the hospital
• Provide consistent quality customer service to every client and patient
• Be self motivated to get tasks done
• Be computer literate (we are a paperless practice)
Minimum requirements include:
*HS diploma or equivalent
* Excellent oral and written English communication skills are required
*Ability to lift 50 pounds
*Acknowledge that we are a Smoke Free Premises
We are a fast paced, very busy, 5 doctor, small animal hospital. Our goal is to provide the best medicine and the best service. We are looking for a long term career oriented person. This is a full time position with a competitive salary and benefits offered after a probationary period is completed. If this describes you, please attach resume when applying. Only responses with a resume or application attached will be considered. Applications can be found at www.bestocalavet.com under forms. If unable to email, applicants can drop off resume or fill out an application at our practice.