Posted: Apr 16, 2019
Lotus Natural Food for Pets is a privately held canning pet food manufacturer who uses state of the art technologies for a premium brand cat and dog food product.
We are looking for a Production Lead to oversee and participate in the daily activities of the entire operation of the facility including the batch creating, meat preparation, filling, cooking, labeling and cleaning of the facility. Based upon the production schedule, the Production Lead determines the staffing needs, the organization of the positions, the direct oversight of activities, and direct follow up of all tasks completed by the workforce.
The ideal candidate can champion, coach, motivate team members, and is able to learn new tasks quickly.
The position is normally a day shift position but there may be some occasions where the position is required to work an afternoon shift. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work any shift to help cover operational needs when necessary.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing direction and management of team members
• Establishing objectives, work plans, schedules, and ensures resources are available for completion of all necessary activities
• Training of new hires, temps, and retraining for safety and work positions when required
• Directly assisting in the meat preparation activities by helping grind, load, cook, and shred the meat
• Learning the set-up, operation, break down, and training of all machinery in the plant.
• Performing minor machinery/plant maintenance as necessary.
• Completing all necessary production records and verify the accuracy of the reported information
• Completing the Master Sanitation Schedule assigned tasks sheets and review of those activities
• Participating in the department strategic planning process develops long-term plans and ensures appropriate skills are available when needed
• Evaluating and analyzing current work methods to foster continuous improvement.
• Providing technical direction as required for the operations
• Evaluating work procedures to make sure actual activities match written procedure and when not in compliance takes necessary steps to correct
• Developing and implementing new processes/procedures as needed
• Documenting variances according to established metrics
• Other job-related duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Must be at least 18 years of age to apply
• 5 years food processing experience
• 2 years in a lead role in a food facility
• Canning seamer experience required
• Strong mechanical knowledge is required
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals written in English
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English
• Basic math skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Good attendance and safety record
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds; Must be able to stand, sit, bend and kneel for extended periods of time
• Trade School Graduate
• Fluency in Spanish
Compensation: $19+ per hour DOE
Lotus is a Drug Free Workplace.
To apply please click on the link below or copy it into your browser, and it will take you to our Kronos page.