Posted: Oct 30, 2018
Job Title: Employment Specialist
Reports to: Employment Services Manager
Salary Range: $34k-$38k
The Employment Specialist is responsible for conducting B2B sales, public relations, marketing and recruiting to link businesses with potential resources and qualified candidates. This position promotes and develops employment and on-the-job training opportunities for OIC participants. Demonstrates to employers the effectiveness and profitability of employing unemployed, underemployed as well as individuals that have less than desirable backgrounds by identifying jobs that workers can perform in.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration or related degree.
Minimum of one to three (1-3) years of experience in workforce development, recruiting, business development, marketing or any combination of training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties as described. Experience working with at-risk populations, including but not limited to unemployed, underemployed and individuals with less than desirable backgrounds preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Market to targeted industries and assigned business zones. Meet goals as outlined in Employment Services Plan(s).
• Initiate and maintain ongoing personal contact with a variety of business and industry throughout the region to build and maintain relationships and to market OIC, its partners and the full range of services and products available.
• Match job skills with applicant qualifications and refer qualified applicants to employers and conduct necessary follow-up when applicants are placed in positions.
• Survey employer satisfaction with current level of service and obtains information about future needs or requests for service improvement.
• Participate as a “Subject Matter Expert” (SME) in Employability Skills Training and/or Business Training classes 20% of your time.
• Keep up to date regarding job fairs and Internet resources, research various resume programs and participate in outreach and recruitment activities by coordinating and attending job fairs
• Assist participants in assessing their job skills for positions by working closely with the Training Departments.
• Instruct participants in job seeking, application procedures, resume writing, interview preparation and job retention.
• Assist participants in preparing job search portfolios, provide job search/career information workshops and presentation, arrange for interviews, provide labor market and community resources information, monitor participant performance on the job and counsel participants when job performance is not satisfactory.
• Prepares forms and reports related to placement activities.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Support OIC programs in maintaining established goals and performance standards.
• Coordinate and participate in job fairs as required.
• Participates in Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development Council activities as required.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Outstanding organizational, follow-up, follow-through and listening skills are essential, along with the ability to gather the information necessary to qualify a business as a key target placement area for client graduates.
• Must possess strong public presentation and negotiation skills and ability to interact with all levels of management and customers.
• Ability to plan and execute strategy of marketing calls and complete calls.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work with individuals from diverse cultural, ethnic and social groups.
• Must maintain valid DL and insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times during employment.
• Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, bend, stoop, reach, speak and hear as well as the ability to lift presentation materials, including marketing equipment.
Competitive Benefits Package offered: Health plan that includes medical, dental and vision; three employer-paid benefits: STD, LTD, ADD/Life; 403B retirement/investment savings plan.
Qualified applicants should e-mail their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer