Posted: Nov 20, 2018
The Maintenance Supervisor as an integral member of the on-site property management team and they are charged with providing superior leadership and service in the on-going maintenance needs of the property. This includes completing service requests, developing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program, planning and implementing the property’s turn process, and supervising other maintenance, facilities and housekeeping staff. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the property to the highest standards possible.
Representative Duties/Responsibilities (subject to revision, reduction and/or increase):
• Actively participate in accomplishing the Mission of the Company
• Adhere to and promote the Core Values .
• Understand and comply with established policies and procedures.
• Maintain confidentiality of client and company information.
• As requested, prepare reports updating specific projects.
• Provide labor distribution planning and scheduling for maintenance and housekeeping staff.
AF Accounting & Finance
• Review, approve and facilitate timely processing of invoices.
FE Facilities & Equipment
• Confer with General Managers and Senior Level Managers to develop, coordinate and implement preventative maintenance programs.
• Review and recommend new supplies and maintenance methods to improve site maintenance operations.
• Perform building and room inspections and determine individual or group costs when reporting vandalism or common area damages.
• Respond to and complete maintenance requests or assign such tasks to subordinates.
• Maintain exterior curb appeal of the property.
• Develop and maintain a system for tracking the completion of requested work orders/maintenance requests.
• Establish and maintain appropriate key control measures.
• Read and interpret blue prints and drawings as needed.
HR Human Resources
• Hire, train, and supervise a diverse maintenance and housekeeping staff.
• Issue annual performance evaluations on all maintenance and housekeeping staff.
• Keep records of employee participation in training sessions or other certifications.
• Administer Campus Advantage HR policies and procedures.
• Hiring of subordinate staff.
• Discipline of subordinate staff.
• Termination of subordinate staff.
IT Information Technology
• Maintain confidentiality and security of access to company and client information and applications.
PD Procurement and Disbursement
• Order supplies and equipment necessary for the job.
• Order, store and maintain inventory of required equipment, supplies and materials.
• Work with vendors to successfully manage all vendor contracts.
RL Residence Life
• Provide outstanding customer service to residents and guests.
RC Risk Control
• Assess property risk issues and develop plans to rectify, being sure to abide with established company policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with insurance policy requirements.
• Report losses and potential losses to insurance policies.
SS Safety and Security
• Identify property safety issues and work with General Manager and corporate office personnel to develop appropriate responses to identified issues.
• Perform job functions in a safe manner.
• Report incidents in a timely manner.
• Implement OSHA Standards and monitor and track OSHA compliance.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: Minimum of 5 years site experience in facilities project management.
Skills/Knowledge – Professional: Administrative experience, preferably in multi-family or student housing. Advanced ability to use computerized spreadsheets, relational databases, and work processing software.
Skills/Knowledge – Software: Microsoft Word, Excel
Skills/Knowledge – Technical: Computer, printer, facsimile, two-way radio, cell phone, locksmithing
Certification(s): HVAC Recovery