Posted: Oct 08, 2018
The Leasing Manager is responsible to manage and fully participate with the leasing staff to assure a successful lease up annually, and meeting specific sales goals weekly and monthly, which are determined by the General Manager. The Leasing Manager must be able to manage a leasing staff and the entire leasing process in all areas of leasing and renewing existing residents. The leasing process will include the management all lease files (current and future) to assure they are accurate and organized properly. Also, the Leasing Manager must be able to manage all areas of leasing (i.e. keep up with the wait list, renewals, assign units, place students together based on preferences and accommodate students as much as possible.) This individual must be outgoing and able to interact with customers and residents in a professional manner through both telephone and in person, undertake training courses and be familiar with all Fair Housing Laws. This role must be able to administer the process and review all lease paper work with residents, serve as support for leasing/ resident questions in addition to ensuring all applicants and residents information is up to date, accurate, and confidential. The Leasing Manager conducts weekly market surveys and makes recommendations depending on results from surveys. Other responsibilities will include but not limited to as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain confidentiality of company, client and resident information.
• Perform move-out inspection and assess charges to resident.
• Prepare vacant units for move-in.
• Maintain physical appearance of property and model units and “readiness” of model units and common areas.
• Understand and adhere with established company policies and procedures.
• Maintain a respectful workplace.
• Report time and attendance.
• Participate in professional development.
• Initiate, coordinate or participate in recruiting activities.
• Manage performance of subordinates.
• Assist in development of staff.
• Approve time and attendance.
• Lead or participate in development and delivery of training.
• Administer and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Maintain confidentiality and security of access to company data, networks and applications.
• Utilize company technology and information systems in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Manage roommate matching's, transfers, move-ins and terminations as needed
• Monitor lease expirations and maximize renewals.
• Prepare periodic and as needed reporting of marketing and leasing status.
• Ensure all marketing and leasing information is maintained accurately and timely in the company’s information system.
• Coordinate and oversee marketing and leasing efforts.
• Conduct leasing and marketing activities for prospects from first contact through lease execution, events and promotions.
• Coordinate or participate in renewal activities.
• Check and update property website weekly and or as needed.
• Report incidents in a timely manner.
• Implement and conduct emergency procedures.
• Identify and report safety and security risks.