Posted: Apr 02, 2019
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (MECHANIC)
Multiple Locations available, Waukegan & Lakemoor Illinois,
See complete job description on our website at,
Basic Function: Performs maintenance, repair, and rebuilding jobs at company shops or at customer's job site/location in a safe, efficient, capable, and professional manner. Must conduct one’s self in a manner demonstrating both personal and company professionalism in the presence of customers. Must be polite and courteous at all times and demonstrate willingness and ability to work with fellow employees.
1. Performs service tasks as they are assigned by the service manager.
2. Keeps abreast of all changes in various models of equipment sold and serviced by the company.
3. Reports each service call or repair job at the end of each shift giving the following information: (a) customer's name, (b) make and model of unit, (c) serial number, (d) hours worked, (e) travel time, (f) details of work performed, problems encountered, time required, (g) parts, equipment, and supplies used
4. Reports, in complete detail, as above, with regard to warranty situations handled.
5. Keeps immediate shop area in which he/she works in a clean and orderly manner.
6. Brings to the attention of the service manager any additional work required on a unit.
7. Notifies the service manager if shop equipment or vehicle is not in a serviceable condition or constitutes a safety hazard.
8. Returns special tools to the proper location at the end of each shift in a clean and ready to use condition.
9. Review parts and service bulletins pertaining to equipment technician is responsible for repairing.
10. Conducts one’s self in the presence of customers in a manner which will retain a good opinion of the company and the service department.
11. Takes advantage of all opportunities to attend schools and training sessions in order to upgrade technical competence.
12. Performs other duties as prescribed by the service manager.
13. Works in a safe manner at all times.
1. Must be able to lift 90 lbs., 60% of the time.
2. Must have basic knowledge of the internal workings of an engine and basic equipment knowledge pertaining to equipment being hired to work on.
3. Must hold valid driver's license and be able to drive a pick-up truck and trailer.
4. Must have tools to work on equipment assigned to repair.
1. Cooperates with other company personnel.
2. Advises superiors of all changes within his responsibility which can affect company success.
3. Accountable to service manager for proper interpretation and fulfillment of