Posted: Dec 03, 2018
Position Summary: Directs the activities of hourly coworkers in manufacturing and maintenance activities including, but not limited to training and supervising, maintaining a positive work environment, ensuring compliance with safety standards and established policies and procedures. Responsible to driving continuous improvement across all shifts in their designated area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Identify gaps in production that prevent production targets from being achieved. Develops solutions using continuous improvement tools and techniques to close the gaps. Communicates with Team Leaders and Shift Supervisors to ensure changes are implemented and sustained.
2. Lead safety awareness and implement new techniques to assure a safe working environment.
3. Provide effective leadership of Team Leaders and coworkers on 1st shift consistent with Pure Fishing principles. Maintain a high degree of visibility and access to employees throughout the shift.
4. Communicates equipment issues or other production problems to incoming supervisor at shift change.
5. Train the production team on assigned shift to meet customer demand and participate in the Lean process.
6. Coach employees for career and talent development. Proactively address substandard performance in alignment with Pure Fishing principles and policies. Conducts performance evaluations as necessary.
7. Assure adherence to standard work documents .
8. Ensures adherence to product quality standards.
9. Coordinate personnel needs between departments to ensure optimization of customer needs.
10. Promptly completes first report of injury and thoroughly investigates any work place accidents or illnesses on assigned shift.
11. Work with other production leaders to resolve daily production issues such as material, delivery, and quality and employee performance.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelors Degree in related field
2. Minimum of 3 years of experience, preferably in a multi-operation manufacturing environment.
3. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
4. Familiarity with OSHA safety standards and regulations
5. SAP experience preferred
6. Strong computer and MS Office skills
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
2. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
3. A passion for continuous improvement